ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moderators Applicants waiting for more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Moderators Applicants waiting for more than 6 months

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 am

Dear moderators and applicants,

I think we need to have all the applicants who have been waiting for more than 6 months come under 1 umbrella and write to parliament, Home Secretary and Shadow Home Secretary.

1 person can not make a difference but all of our voices will. Additonally, moderators could you do something more than what the generic 'post 6 month-further check needed' letter? We dont know what 'further check' they are doing. I agree this is a challenge but this will establish honesty, integrity, transparency, accountability on the part of Home Office and drive a 'real change'. You all have brought this forum this far and believe you are able to take it further.

We want to know-

-What is the difference between someone getting approval in 2 weeks and someone not getting any reposnse for a year? How they were differentiated in the first place? What is causing this super delay in our cases- 'further check' does not seem sufficient?
-What does '6 months SLA' stand for when all you get is 'further check' needed.
-When '6 month SLA' is breached why a part of £906 is not returned. Why home office does not have any accountability to the applicants?
- Agreed citizenship is not an automatic right, then what was the point for us meeting all the requirements of naturalisation if it becomes a random selection process. And if it is not a random selection process then why there is no such process to ensure that appropriate check or further check was done in ALL cases?
- Does home office naturalisation department have a section that specifically deals with application 'more than 6 months'?
- Writng to MPs have failed to yield any benefit in many cases? What will work?

I reuqest moderators to work for these people's causes because this delay has caused severe frustration and distress. There should be a sticky in this forum showing peeple to contact after 6 months, complaints procedure and suggested letter formats etc.

I am sure we can do this.

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Re: Moderators Applicants waiting for more than 6 months

Post by heisenberg150 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:35 pm

I second this motion, I think all cases which have taken more than 6 months should press ahead which this. It is frustrating and considering how much one has paid, the HO is very quick to deduct the money but slow to provide a service. Surely I know I am a foreigner but what happened to "efficiency", as we being led to believe. Lets all team up and write a letter to Theresa May herself! and if possible expose the shambles in the newspapers!

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Post by heisenberg150 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Dear moderators and applicants,

I think we need to have all the applicants who have been waiting for more than 6 months come under 1 umbrella and write to parliament, Home Secretary and Shadow Home Secretary.

1 person can not make a difference but all of our voices will. Additonally, moderators could you do something more than what the generic 'post 6 month-further check needed' letter? We dont know what 'further check' they are doing. I agree this is a challenge but this will establish honesty, integrity, transparency, accountability on the part of Home Office and drive a 'real change'. You all have brought this forum this far and believe you are able to take it further.

We want to know-

-What is the difference between someone getting approval in 2 weeks and someone not getting any reposnse for a year? How they were differentiated in the first place? What is causing this super delay in our cases- 'further check' does not seem sufficient?
-When '6 month SLA' is breached why a part of £906 is not returned. Why home office does not have any accountability to the applicants?
- Agreed citizenship is not an automatic right, then what was the point for us meeting all the requirements of naturalisation if it becomes a random selection process. And if it is not a random selection process then why there is no such process to ensure that appropriate check or further check was done in ALL cases?
- Does home office naturalisation department have a section that specifically deals with application 'more than 6 months'?

I reuqest moderators to work for these people's causes because this delay has caused severe frustration and distress. There should be a sticky in this forum showing peeple to contact after 6 months, complaints procedure and suggested letter formats etc.

heisenberg150 wrote:I second this motion, I think all cases which have taken more than 6 months should press ahead which this. It is frustrating and considering how much one has paid, the HO is very quick to deduct the money but slow to provide a service. Surely I know I am a foreigner but what happened to "efficiency", as we being led to believe. Lets all team up and write a letter to Theresa May herself! and if possible expose the shambles in the newspapers!

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Post by heisenberg150 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:37 pm

london_2014 wrote:Dear moderators and applicants,

We want to know-

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 am

Agreed n I am in. I dont have application waiting more than 6 months but still i beleive it is required and needed to make this naturalisation process fair for everyone.

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Post by heisenberg150 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:47 am

When should we do this letter!

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:24 am

How about creating an online petition that people can add their names to? Then we can write the letter and reference the petition... just need to find one that can let people enter more than just the name (date of application and nationality for eg).

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:30 am

london_2014 wrote: ...

This is a forum where members contribute on a voluntary basis and moderators are not immigration advisors (on this forum). If you require specific advice and guidance you may wish to contact professional immigration advisors.
You can also create a petition in http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/ to raise your concerns.

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Post by heisenberg150 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:05 pm

How do we go about this petition?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:33 pm

heisenberg150 wrote:How do we go about this petition?
I think ban.s gave link already, anyway please click here and create it if you want.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.