ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit Joint Account

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dianna
Newly Registered

Child benefit Joint Account

Post by Dianna » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi,
I have a temporary spouse visa with no recourse to public funds. My husband is British and is allowed to claim Child benefit for our British children. I've been on various forums but wanted to contact UK Visa and Immigration for definite assurance that even though my name is listed as a 'partner' on the application, his claiming it will have no effect on my visa conditions. They seem unable to confirm this and muddied the water further by saying the money can not be received in to my account. I've not read about that being an issue anywhere else.
We have a joint account - now I am at my wits end on what to do!
Does he need to open a personal account? What about the money already received into our joint account?
I am almost to the point where I just want him to cancel the benefit and repay the money but it seems unfair to lose 5 years of money for the kids that he may have been entitled to receive.
If anyone could please clarify this and perhaps direct me to somewhere the guidance is 'official'. Do moderators on here have some training on these issues professionally?
Many thanks in advance!