ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling between change of employers

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikita10
Newly Registered

Travelling between change of employers

Post by nikita10 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi guys, first of all thanks for helping me back in July last year to sort out my tier 2 visa rejection.

I have another tier 2 query. I'm in a process of changing employers. I've got my new visa (BRP) with starting date of 9 March 2015 and I'm serving my notice period to current employer. I'll be working for them until 6 March.

In this time, I have pre-booked holidays (planned it few months back) where I'm going to States for 1 week in last week of February. My current employer is fine with it but I'm worried about if I'll have issues getting back in the UK on 28 February 2015. It is my understanding that the old visa is now replaced by the new one which starts on 9th March 2015. Can immigration refuse me entry into the UK on basis of start date of my visa? Would this even invalidate my last 6 months spent on tier 2 to qualify for IRL in coming years?

My travel plans are all pre-booked and tickets/accomodation is non-refundable - hence need some advise.

Thanks in advance for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Nik

kevb2014

Re: Travelling between change of employers

Post by kevb2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

You should be fine travelling with your new BRP.