ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 year or 5 year route??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

3 year or 5 year route??

Post by drdh4 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi this is for my wife,

She came over to UK in July 2010 on a HSMP dependent visa and we both got our ILR in December 2013. I have successfully Naturalized in December 2014 and my ceremony is next week. My understanding is that she will be eligible to apply for her naturalization soon after my ceremony (3-year route) and again if she waits for another 5 months she can apply under 5-year route. Is there any significant advantage in either of these 2 routes?

Thanks in advance.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: 3 year or 5 year route??

Post by milan69 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't think there is an advantage..both routes take pretty much the same time.
I am sometimes wrong.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm

drdh4 wrote:Hi this is for my wife,

She came over to UK in July 2010 on a HSMP dependent visa and we both got our ILR in December 2013. I have successfully Naturalized in December 2014 and my ceremony is next week. My understanding is that she will be eligible to apply for her naturalization soon after my ceremony (3-year route) and again if she waits for another 5 months she can apply under 5-year route. Is there any significant advantage in either of these 2 routes?

Thanks in advance.
Only advantage is the bold part in your own question, ie. you are saving 5 months' waiting time, if that's what you want.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by drdh4 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you both..