ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLR extension issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apex221

DLR extension issue

Post by apex221 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Firstly I am really not sure where to ask for advise on DLR as there is limited information available so I am hoping someone would be able to help direct my post in the right thread.

Just to give the background, this information required for a friend of mine who doesn't feel confident to post herself so she asked me to help, she is currently on DLR for 3 years ( she is a partner of refugee who has now obtained the British citizenship) unfortunately while her husband was applying for her ILR he filled a wrong form which meant she was granted a 3 year DLR and in August this year she will have to extend her DLR for 3 years to qualify for ILR in 2019.

Now they are having major marital problems so have decided to separate for a month both have decided that as it is something that could may be try and resolve so the husband has agreed to help her with the documents required to DLR extension in August.

Her question are:
1) Can she extend her DLR alone if they decide to get a divorce?
2) is it true that after 6 years under DLR she is eligible to apply for ILR?
3) What are the documents required to extend her DLR?
4) is it true that one on DLR a person cannot change to any other category to try and complete 10 years for LR residency?
5) My friend is happy to pay for consultation please refer a solicitor maybe able to help in London area?

I really appreciate if someone could answer the above questions.

regards
Appex