ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP APPLICATION REFUSED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lagbaja
Newly Registered

HSMP APPLICATION REFUSED

Post by lagbaja » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 pm

HI ALL,
My hsmp was refused and the reason for rejection was that the caseworker stated that my payslip does not corroborate my tax clearance.
The period which i claimed for was sept. 2003 to august 2004 as i have been studying full time in the UK since then and my tax clearance showed the 12 month period but was not from jan. to dec. instead it was from August to september.
The tax clearance showed a three year period i.e 2002, 2003 and 2004
In my country, we do not have financial year(no specific month as the cut off point for the tax year). financial year for individual is different as it is dependent on the month which you started working. i started working in Sept. 2001. my tax clearance showed the following period
Sept. 2001-aug 2002(2002)
sept.2002-aug2003(2003)
sept.2003- aug 2004(2004)
Can i include a cover letter and reapply or get another tax clearance which will detail my tax period in Jan- Dec. format. pls advise me

larry

Post by larry » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 am

Lagbaja, Omo naija!
There is financial year in your country, from 1st January - 31 Decemeber. The same applies to tax year. Try to find out.

makon

Post by makon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:45 am

its funny how u don't that the financial year in your dear country is from
1st of January to 31 January.

Can you shed more light on the figures you claimed. Was the figure on the payslip higher or lower than the figure on TC?

Post by 1971 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:10 am

Lagbaja,

All you need to do is to state it on your 'request for review' for m that though the tax/financial year in your country starts from 1st Jan-31 Dec of every year but you resumed work in sept. and hence the reason for the tax dates and deductions. I hope you this is clear. You can also mention that the tax periods differ due to this reason and explain all the evidences you have included in your earlier application. If you go for a review,that's fine if not too late, but you wish to reapply, you can include a cover note explaining this in clear terms.Caseworker considers application on evidences provided. They often times do not understand variable tax years across the globe.You have explain clearly in very simple and accountable terms.Hope this helps. I wish you success.