ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents required to prove household membership?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nahmed

What documents required to prove household membership?

Post by nahmed » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

I have initiated the process of moving to Ireland for my dependent mother and brother as a household member. I will keep you guys posted on the timelines and the outcome.

This query is to pin-point what evidence may/must be produced to prove household membership of my brother. I have had a bad experience previously with the irish embassy London.

Basically, I need advice if I am missing any crucial document and something further I could add to my paperwork. Just want to be extra sure this time so that I am not missing anything.

We have lived together since birth until I moved to the UK in 2002. My brother later moved to UK and lives with me since Oct 2010. I have got the following documents as proofs:

- My sponsorship documents that I sent in 2010 for his initial UK student visa.
- His University docs addressed to him at my address.
- His personal bank statement from day 1 to date at the same address as mine.
- Joint account bank statements in both names (2012 onwards).
- Electoral roll confirmations for both at same address.
- NHS registration for both at same address.
- His driving license
- My driving license
- my car insurance certificates confirming him as an added driver of my vehicle.
- UK home office correspondences in his name at our address.
- HM Courts correspondence in his name at our address.
- NI card letter.
- House utility bills for a couple of years.

We have a thick pile of these documents which we also provided to the Irish embassy for a family permit application but they refused it with a simple statement saying that the documents provided are not sufficient to prove his household membership. Now I am scratching my head what more to provide them and what did I miss?

I have decided to give it another go from within Ireland this time. Its a bit of a pain financially, physically and mentally, to go through all the process but I am determined to give it my best to pull it through this time hopefully. Any help/suggestion on what more I could possibly include will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Premier2013
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: What documents required to prove household membership?

Post by Premier2013 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Dear Nahmed

As your brother comes under extended family member hence it is not his automatic right but only up to the authorities. Please don't think that I second's the previous refusal of your brother's application by Irish Embassy but it is a fact that they will always refuse the male extended family member's application. You doing the right thing by relocating your household in the Ireland. I suggest you to first prepare some more documents in terms of household membership whilst in Ireland and then within three months period apply for his residence card. It may get approved. But in these kind of cases (not always) you have to fight bit harder and would need to go for Judicial review and then there are bright chances that decision will turn into your favour. I know many cases like this still pending in the courts. I think you should expect more time to resolve your brother case. I am pretty sure your mother will be given card within 6 months from the date of her application. You can pm me if you want and I'll try to answer your queries.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm

@Premier2013, Thanks for your message above. Didn't realize you sent this message earlier in the year until today. I must give you credit for your predictions. They did approve my mum's but refused my brother's with some lame excuse. Given the right to review which we sent in last week. So another wait starts now. So much waste of time and money man, its unbelievable. Lets c what they do now, probably another 6-7 months will be wasted and then the courts.

Here are the details:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1255711

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi

the documents you have provide are more then enough but the problem in Ireland that there is not Tribunal system as in UK, if there was Immigration Tribunal and full right of appeal was given then i am 100 percent sure will were able to appeal allowed.

now my brother case is same like you but they wont grant residence card, its now in Judicial Review and this process take up to one year.

i will keep update you, our hearing is in end of November 2015, Pls prayer as well.

also i would request member of this fourm to share there experience.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 pm

malik0543 wrote:Hi

the documents you have provide are more then enough but the problem in Ireland that there is not Tribunal system as in UK, if there was Immigration Tribunal and full right of appeal was given then i am 100 percent sure will were able to appeal allowed.

now my brother case is same like you but they wont grant residence card, its now in Judicial Review and this process take up to one year.

i will keep update you, our hearing is in end of November 2015, Pls prayer as well.

also i would request member of this fourm to share there experience.
@Malik0543,

Good luck with the appeal man.

If I am not mistaken to understand, they allowed your permission to JR and then the court has given you a hearing date end of November. Isn't that right? Why do u expect that the process can take up to one year? It will probably take another couple of weeks for the decision, so e.g, a positive court decision IA comes out sometime in Dec. Then its up to INIS to push the decision through for his residence card. Do you think they might take the mick further and delay it by another 6-9 months.

Just trying to get my head round the JR procedure in Ireland man. Our both situations are pretty much identical and I may have to follow all the procedures that you are going through right now. Please briefly describe the process steps as per your knowledge yet. It will be really helpfull!

owsiddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by owsiddiqui » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:17 pm

@nahmed
I have been through to your posts and Obie's reply and got a lot of knowledge. Did you applied for your brother for EU1 application? And if you applied did you show whether he was dependent or the household family member? If you've made the application have you got any results yet? I hope to get your reply soon as I am planning to move to Ireland with my sister with the same circumstances as your brother.
What do you recommend or advice, shall I apply for short stay C visa first in UK and wait for reply or using my sister treaty rights can I travel from NI to ROI?

sanfon
Newly Registered

Post by sanfon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:40 am

owsiddiqui wrote:@nahmed
I have been through to your posts and Obie's reply and got a lot of knowledge. Did you applied for your brother for EU1 application? And if you applied did you show whether he was dependent or the household family member? If you've made the application have you got any results yet? I hope to get your reply soon as I am planning to move to Ireland with my sister with the same circumstances as your brother.
What do you recommend or advice, shall I apply for short stay C visa first in UK and wait for reply or using my sister treaty rights can I travel from NI to ROI?

Osidddiqui,
nahmeds brother visa got rejected but his mother got the visa for 5 years

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 am

HI

Any one have update in Extended Family Member cases ?