ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for period prior to becoming Tier 1 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

damoslim
Newly Registered

Documentation for period prior to becoming Tier 1 (General)

Post by damoslim » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:37 pm

I am on a Tier 1 (General) since 9/2010, and before that I was Tier 2 (ICT) from 1/2010. I wanted clarification of the response to Q35 on the FAQ:
Q35 - I am a Tier 1 (General) migrant. How can I satisfy the following instruction in section 11L of the SET(O) form - "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."?
2. If your (5 year) qualifying residential period preceding settlement application includes a period of stay in the UK as a WP migrant, Tier 2 migrant, then this instruction applies to you and the documentary evidences required will depend on which leave you were under (e.g. - WP authorisation, Letter from then employer confirming employment, salary slips, P60, evidence of self-employment, etc.).
I don't see the list of requirements anywhere specifically broken down by status prior to Tier 1 (General). Do I infer from this response that I would need to include:
- Letter from then employer confirming employment (would this be just for the period 1/2010-9/2010?)
- Salary slips (would these be just for that period, plus of course the last year for the points calculation)
- P60 (same question - I don't currently need to include P60 for the last year so it seems strange to do it just for these 9 months)

Apologies, I just can't find this info anywhere (in fact, I don't even find it clear from the application form that a period before becoming Tier 1 (General) counts towards the five year period).

Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Damian

P.S. Originally posted this to wrong forum so have reposted here

damoslim
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation for period prior to becoming Tier 1 (Gener

Post by damoslim » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:01 am

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I am planning to include the letter from my employer stating that I was employed full time over that period (just the period I was on Tier 2), and P60 + salary slips for that period.

Thanks
Damian