ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait for a answer after consideration from FTT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnny9765

Wait for a answer after consideration from FTT

Post by johnny9765 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:37 pm

So i went to the FTT today and don't know what to think about what happened today because i was in and out in less than 30 minutues. I applied for a EEA2 Residence Card under the Unmarried Partner route.
I didn't have a hearing because the home office representative admitted that they made an error in law when considering my application for a EEA2 Residence Card. So they agreed to send my case back to the home office for reconsideration.

Does anyone have any similar experiences and what was the outcome if the judge and home office think its better to have a reconsideration. How long does it take to get a decision back from the home office.

Reason of my refusal was on the basis that i have a criminal record and the judge said they have not considered any other evidence i had submitted in my bundle. The Home Office did admit in court that there is no doubt that i am in a durable relationship with my partner and didn't question that.

Any help would be grateful

Obie
Ireland

Re: Wait for a answer after consideration from FTT

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 pm

The next stage is the exercise of discretion under regulation 17(4) and 17(5).

It is good you have overcome the Durable partner hurdle.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

johnny9765

Re: Wait for a answer after consideration from FTT

Post by johnny9765 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:52 pm

thank you Obie for your reply you have been great on answering and advising on my previous post. But do you know roughly how long after the courts send it back for reconsider till i hear from the home office or get my passport back?