ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We left the Life in the UK Test too late

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gazbo91
Newly Registered

We left the Life in the UK Test too late

Post by gazbo91 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 am

:cry: Hello board...

My wife is here in the UK on a spouse visa which expires on the 06/03/15. I went online today to finally book the test for my wife as she was getting fairly confident that she would pass.

I knew you couldn't book it sooner than 7 days so I was relaxed in thinking we had plenty of time to book the test.

But I am worried SICK now because the earliest test available is 07/03 and that too, 30 miles away! :''(

I have booked this now.

But to make matters more difficult she is due to give birth on 18/03 and the test is too close to her due date!

But what are my options? Would I be ok in sending the ILR application before her visa expires WITHOUT the life in the UK and explain the situation when applying, and send the certificate at a later date?

Will I have to apply for FLR until she passes?

I feel sick to the stomach and so stressed out, I had been saving for the application for ages and I don't know if my wife's ILR visa will get rejected if I send it without the Test certificate...

I would appreciate as much advice as I could get right now and would be eternally grateful.

What should we do?

Obie
Ireland

Re: We left the Life in the UK Test too late

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:26 am

She will need to apply for an extension of leave before her visa expired.

They will grant a further 2 years and she can apply for ILR once KOLL is passed.

Alternatively she could vary the application if she passes it before a decision is reached.

She has to pass at least the A1 to be able to apply for an extension. You are strongly advised to get it before you apply.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:19 am

Obie has given you good advice. Don't forget that as well as the Life in the UK test she will also need to pass the B1 English test for ILR. As Obie has said, A1 English will be required for a FLR(M) extension.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gazbo91
Newly Registered

Post by gazbo91 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:26 pm

I cannot thank you guys enough for your advice :) but thankfuly I got really lucky..someone cancelled their test and.we have secured a test date for the 21st Feb!

So we will be able to apply for Set (m) now.

God bless the person who cancelled. Just hope the mrs passes now!

Just another question though, my employers e-mail us our payslips. Will printout copies suffice, or do I need to request originals?

Thanks again guys :)

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:58 pm

If you can get original fine, if not just tell them to stamp it or state in your letter that payslips are mailed to you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Does your wife also have a pass in B1 level English?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

t-bag

Post by t-bag » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Great news!!

Keep checking !!! If you can get an even closer test, why not??

Good luck to you both!!!

R.

pak786
Newly Registered

Post by pak786 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:33 pm

do you have to pass the English test again before you apply for FLR M?
my wife passed the test A1 TOEIC in Pakistan before she came over on spouse visa? we will apply for her FLR M on April 16

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:58 pm

No she doesn't, but she will need B1 level English + the Life in the UK test when she applies for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

pak786
Newly Registered

Post by pak786 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:16 am

Thanks very much casa

gazbo91
Newly Registered

Post by gazbo91 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Casa, obie, and all other readers/posters on this fantastic forum, Hello again. :D

Apologies for the delayed response,I've had a lot on recently.

I just need clarification on the KoLL and English language requirement for the Set (m) application.

We will be applying for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK for my wife.

My wife passed the City and Guilds ESOL test (speaking, reading, listening, writing) with level A1 in May 2012 in Pakistan, for the initial spouse visa before she came to the UK.

You asked on this post if she has satisfied the requirement of having a B1 level or above of the CEFR.

Hopefully she passes the Life in the UK test tomorrow, but what about the ESOL qualification she already has? Will this suffice or does she need to do another English test too...?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:17 pm

No. As I said in my earlier post she will need B1 level English for ILR. Her A1 level pass which she used for the initial spouse visa won't be sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)

gazbo91
Newly Registered

Post by gazbo91 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Casa, thank you. I realised this and I have booked her in for one in Manchester for Wednesday.

Just getting the rest of the paperwork in order now.

Can't wait til this is all over and done with!

Thank you :)