ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time line Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wtmlive

Time line Tier 2

Post by wtmlive » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:20 am

Resigned from job with 1 month notice period ending 28th February 2015. Got new COS from new sponsor on 30th Jan 2015. Want to apply for new visa late so that i can start work in the first week of March 2015. If my visa comes in last week of February, and I still have my notice period left of what I need to work, will that affect my pay or later problems with the HO in any way when I finally apply for ILR as I might have worked under my old sponsors whilst having visa change approved? and should no longer be working? Confused please let me know anything like this happened to anyone.

This is Tier 2 G that I'm talking about.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Time line Tier 2

Post by manci » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 am

You can work for your current sponsor until the work start date given in the new CoS. No need to delay your application, the sooner you apply the better - suggest the premium service even though it costs more.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you so much manci. You are always here to help.
I have experience with both premium and postal services and I was surprised by the fast turn-around of the postal service when I extended by contract in December.
Conversely, when I applied for a premium service, they were quite rude and unhelpful. I hope I can get it within a month if I apply soon.

Thank you yet again!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

there is also a priority postal service:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications