ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maniani
United Kingdom

FLR M Extension

Post by maniani » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Dear forums members

I just want to know that if my spouse is granted spouse visa for 33 months, then do i need to work for 2 and half year earning over 18,600 or work only for six months before applying for FLR (M) to renew visa?

WR1

Re: FLR M Extension

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

You will need to provide the recent six months payslips and its corresponding bank statements for FLR(M). The same goes for SET(M) in 5 years time.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:59 pm

So thats mean I only have to work for 6 months before applying.
I also want to know is there any residence requirement for ILR like my spouse need to live more than 3 year in Uk for ILR. Can't we just renew visa and apply for ILR after completing five year?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:10 pm

There is a residence requirement. You will need them for both FLR(M) and SET(M). You will need to provide cohabitation documents covering the entire duration of the probationary period at each stage. Your spouse will need to be resident and living for the entire 5 year period as you will need to demonstrate that you both are settled in the UK (of course you can leave the country for holidays, visits, business trips etc...)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

pak786
Newly Registered

Post by pak786 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for my wife FLR M extension on 05 April 2016 and will be looking to apply in person,

1) I have a property which will start to be rented from end of march this year until end of march 2016, i cannot pay tax on that until I receive my p60 from employer, what is the best way to show proof that i will pay tax on that, I will have informed HMRC once it is rented out

2)when my wife arrived in UK on spouse visa we lived in our own accommodation but few months after we started living with my parents will that affect my flr m application.

thanks