ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in jeopardy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alb2
Newly Registered

ILR in jeopardy

Post by alb2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:03 am

HI everyone!

I am new to this forum. I would be very thankful if anyone of you guys could help me out with my current situation. I will be qualifying for ILR in november this year.Currently i am on tier4 student visa and my institution wants to expel me becasue they say i do not have satisfactory progress. I honestly think they are not being fair to me, I have a very high percentage of attendace and maintained every responsibilities as a tier4 student with this institution. Shockingly, my institution did not even follow their own disciplinary procedures, no informal/formal warnings were given to me during my course in the past or prior to making the decision to expel me. They now all of a sudden decided to expel me for unsatisfactory progress.

1. What do you guys think i should do now? how do i keep my continuous residence until November to complete 10 years?
I have tried looking into every other possible options available including tier 2 an tier4 but was not able to do so due to limitations.

2. Will this reporting have any affect on my future ILR application.

any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

madnan24

Re: ILR in jeopardy

Post by madnan24 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:43 am

Hello ALB2,

I believe it is not good situation if your institute report regarding satisfactory report.

If they report, HO will revoke/cancel your visa and will advise you to leave country in 14 days.

So Please do something and request your institution that they do not report.

10 Years ILR requirement is you have to be here in UK legally so If your institute report to HO so it will not be legal.

I hope it helps.

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 am

is ur instituation is a university or a college ?
even if dey expel u ur visa will be curtailed n issued a 60 day notice to find a new sponsor. so effectively u can spend another 3 -4 months in dis situation which lead to short of abt 4-5 months for ILR.....u could make a new in time application into FLR (FP) or FLR (O) giving u another couple of months befor u get a refusal if you get a right of appeal in da case of FLR (FP) den u can easily continue ur residency n eligible for ILR later.

alb2
Newly Registered

Post by alb2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks a lot madnan24 and riz1986 for replying to my post. My institution is a college and i am currently going through the appeal process. This is wht they have said to me "If your appeal is denied, then your expulsion will be processed, sponsorship removed and UKVI informed"

madnan24 you are scaring me to death, could you please explain why would i be give only 14 days and not the 60 days curtailment letter. If my progression is not upto the mark , does that mean i am breaking my tier4 visa conditions or causing an immigration offence?

riz1986, i understand what you are saying but i have some doubts,let me explain, my family and I have not lived im my home country since i was 6 years old. I grew up in another country, finished my primary and secondary education there. All my parents, siblings and friends stay in that counrty and are still living there.I do not own any property back home and i am single. Do you think i have a ground, can I apply for FLR(FP) and what if the application is refused? Am I going to be given a right of appeal.I heard that in FLR(FP) they do not always give appeal rights. Also, i heard rumours that from April this year UKVI are going to stop giving appeal rights for all routes including settlements,would i be able to continue 10 years? Any suggestions would be helpful (http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/42 ... w-extended)

thank you

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:37 am

Hello ALB2,

Actually my friend had same situation. His college call out HO and my friend got letter from the HO stating that you are not attending class and you are not here for study thats why we care revoking your Visa.

They gave him 14 days time.

I hope it helps.

alb2
Newly Registered

Post by alb2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:27 am

hello madnan24,

Di your firend get a right of appeal??

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello ALB,

Sorry for late reply.

My friend give them all attendance and payment slips to HO.

Actually College needed money and asking about fees thats why they complaint about him.

Thanks.