ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application sept05

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greentea

citizenship application sept05

Post by greentea » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi, has anybody received a decision from department of justice on citizenship application made at the end of sept2005. Please share your experience.
Thank you.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi Greentea,

A friend of mine applied in March 2005 and I've applied in August 2005 and we didn't receive anything yet.

But as far as I understood it takes 2 years and a half at the moment, at least for the ones that applied early 2005, for the ones that applied later, it might take even longer than that.

As far as I am concerned, I don't expect an answer before August 2008.

Mendo
________
Ferrari 250 gto
Last edited by mendo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 pm

yes, heard somebody got approved last month. he applied the end of 2004.

seancody
Newly Registered

Post by seancody » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 pm

Bloody hell, why the hell does it take that long to receive a decision?! And I thought waiting the predicted 6 months in England was long.

tadpole
Newly Registered

Post by tadpole » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:52 am

As far as I know they have only started considering applications submitted in January 2005. The queue is very long and slow.

rustig
Newly Registered

Citizenship

Post by rustig » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Well be prepared to wait in vain. Face it the Irish are the most incompetent bunch you will ever come across. I am here 6 and half years and applied about 18 months ago. Still no answer. I applied to move to Canada in meantime. It will take less time to hear an answer. I think immigrants in Ireland have to accept the fact that the Irish do not like foreignners. It does not matter what lip service they give to the world. What do you expect from nation that harboured Nazi War Criminals after WWII and pretend it never happened. Call me negative but that is a fact. You can get citizen after three years in Canada. Just remember the whole Irish economy is build on foreign money. They move the economy nose dive.

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Guys,

you are all welcome to join the protest on the September 7th. Apart from the most recent issue with the non-EU spouses, we would like to bring attention of the public and the local mass media to the current processing times for the Citizenship (32-36 months) and the LTR (14 months), which cannot be tolerated anymore.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship

Post by mktsoi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:08 pm

rustig wrote:Well be prepared to wait in vain. Face it the Irish are the most incompetent bunch you will ever come across. I am here 6 and half years and applied about 18 months ago. Still no answer. I applied to move to Canada in meantime. It will take less time to hear an answer. I think immigrants in Ireland have to accept the fact that the Irish do not like foreignners. It does not matter what lip service they give to the world. What do you expect from nation that harboured Nazi War Criminals after WWII and pretend it never happened. Call me negative but that is a fact. You can get citizen after three years in Canada. Just remember the whole Irish economy is build on foreign money. They move the economy nose dive.
and dont forget. canada will grant permanent residency if you have their skill they need. not like the long term residency here. it is not even permanent, so it is still better in the other side of the ocean! it will take them years to change if they ever change. most of the people saying that it will take time to change things. finna FAIL been in charge for the past decade. if they really want to change things, they would have done it by now. actually, i am sorry, in fact they have changed things, but not for better but for the worst. used to be 4 years for naturalization here but they put it up to 5 years. and everything else is more difficult. i am sure everything will change but not ireland.

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:10 pm

hi guys. i m trying to get srgent Pau dolan..on 01-6669055..but cant get him..will everybody plz try to contact him n get permission.....for protest

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:07 pm

hey green apple and everybody else,
tried to ring the number but no answer..can we still meet without sergent's permition..i know everything has been so quick and maybe not enough time to organize it well but we should give it a try..so green apple,dont want you to feel any presure but will you post if it is ok to meet tomorrow and what time..x

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 pm

:wink:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]