ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drravirajuppoor
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by drravirajuppoor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR- settlement by premium service on 07th of March 2015. I will be completing 5yrs on 14th of March (Came to UK on 15th March 2010). Am I ok to apply 7 days before my 5yr stay in uk completed? Can anyone please advice me on this?
Also my wife has cleared IELTS academic in 2012July and she is staying in UK since March 2010. Is this IELTS clearance still valid (despite 2yrs validity of IELTS TRF) ?

Thanks
Ravi Uppoor

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:30 pm

The rule is you are eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5 years end ( calculated from 1st entry into the UK) provided there are no large gaps in your stay.
Eg:- if you entered on 01 March 2010 .. ( use the datediff calculator ) you can apply on 1 February 2015
Check the date you entered UK. (This is the date which was entry-stamped directly on your visa)

Use this for datediff
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html