ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from Pakistan, Please help if you can

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab112

Spouse Visa from Pakistan, Please help if you can

Post by ab112 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Salam,

I posted this in another forum but want to start a new thread. Can those who applied for settlement visa for their spouse in Pakistan give me advice please?

I have been following this forum for sometime. My wife would be applying for spouse visa in Islamabad in a couple of weeks time after I send all the documents to her this week. I want to ask you for advice on the documents I am sending and the process.

I am sending the following:
• Marriage certificate (original and certified translated copy)
• Her passport
• Her ID card translated and certified
• My certified copy of passport + certified copy of entry stamp page to prove I was present at the wedding
• Wedding photos + photos of time spent together
• Skype + viber screen shots (sending about 1 shot for every 3-4 days)
• English certificate for A1 level
• Sponsorship form (Form SU07/12)
• Receipt of money transfer via western union
• TB test certificate
• My payslips
• Employment contract
• Employment letter
• P60
• Bank statements
• Tenancy agreement for the flat (but no housing inspection report, it is a self contained one-bed so think I don’t need a report) + letter from estate agent saying no objection to wife living there

Do I need to send anything else?

She will be doing the TB test in Islamabad at the IOM centre. Plan is to go to the IOM centre in islamabad one day, get the test result same day (which they say they will issue same day) and then go gerrys the day after. Anyone used this centre?

Also I've heard the process has changed recently for those applying from pakistan, is this true? I thought I have to book an appointment via http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan and pay the money online. Then go there on the day submit documents and they will fingerprint you there as well.
Am I right or am I missing something?

I apologise if my questions are basic but this is the first time I am applying for the visa and those I know personally applied a few years ago and since then the regulations have changed so cannot rely on friends help too much as their advice is outdated!

Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

omarinbox

Re: Spouse Visa from Pakistan, Please help if you can

Post by omarinbox » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

A property inspection report is mandatory.

Don't send it off without it. Contact the council public health department and they should send someone out.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:31 pm

omarinbox wrote:A property inspection report is mandatory.

Don't send it off without it. Contact the council public health department and they should send someone out.

I thought it was mandatory for shared accommodation?! not self contained ones. Are you sure about this?

I was also reading another thread about evidence of communication, apparently people are getting rejected because they are submitting viber and skype screen shots, is that true? I only have those as evidence as I only contact her in this way.

Thanks

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 am

ab112 wrote:
omarinbox wrote:A property inspection report is mandatory.

I thought it was mandatory for shared accommodation?! not self contained ones. Are you sure about this?

I was also reading another thread about evidence of communication, apparently people are getting rejected because they are submitting viber and skype screen shots, is that true? I only have those as evidence as I only contact her in this way.
Thanks
Your accommodation is fine but,you need evidence of communication, if you do call each other,you need to print the call log,or mails,WhatsApp, bb messages and such will be fine.
You need to fill Appendix 2 VAF4A form,not the sponsorship form you've got on here,even if you don't want to remove it,fill appendix 2,that's the one you need.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks for your replies. So viber and skype screen shots for communication is fine?

Can I ask how you guys proved subsidiary marriage?