ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

NCS appointment

Post by Jaeger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 pm

I have just booked an appointment for NCS at Sheffield City Council.

A couple of things were unclear to me. I have held my PR document (I'm an EEA national) for over a year now (since November 2013). NCS staff still asked me to bring proof of Treaty Rights and residence. I have applied for a PR document as a family member. I have all these documents but isn't that a little excessive? Form AN asks for these in case when one is notin a possession of Document Certifying Permanent Residence.

Also I have a UK degree. I was asked to bring a certificate as well as a transcript, council's very own guide says degree or transcript. A couple of weeks before I sent an email to HO and they replied that just a certificate is fine. This is minor thing. I will bring both.

I am more concerned about the first point.

I have read a couple of success stories on this board about EU nationals applying just with their PR document. Basically I'm worried that NCS team will refuse to send my application form since I have applied for a PR document as a family member therefore I wasn't the one who exercised Treaty Rights.

Regards

beinghuman

Re: NCS appointment

Post by beinghuman » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm

HI
I applied with PR after 12 month as EEA national family member and EEA citizen ( joint application) got aproved in 3 weeks :D .

In NCS they asked my to bring treaty rights docs and i said its no need because we already had PR for 12 months then he rang HO and confirmed then he said if you have PR from last 12 months HO its ok with it.

Hope will help this

Good luck

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NCS appointment

Post by Jaeger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:06 pm

HI
I applied with PR after 12 month as EEA national family member and EEA citizen ( joint application) got aproved in 3 weeks :D .

In NCS they asked my to bring treaty rights docs and i said its no need because we already had PR for 12 months then he rang HO and confirmed then he said if you have PR from last 12 months HO its ok with it.

Hope will help this

Good luck
Thanks for replying. In case of any objections I will ask them to call HO.

Here is a link to the guide from NCS in Sheffield
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hazofn96k9qs ... e.doc?dl=0

They seem to require both evidence of PR as well as a PR document :? Which is different to what Form AN says.