ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Fiance Visa - Using Family funds for finance reqs?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohois
Newly Registered

Spouse/Fiance Visa - Using Family funds for finance reqs?

Post by sohois » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:31 am

Hi there,

My fiance and I are planning to move to the UK in the summer. At the moment we don't have sufficient savings to meet the financial requirements for a visa. Now, from what I have read, this leaves us unable to get a spouse visa, however I do recall reading that when applying for a fiance visa, one can use their parents money to meet the financial requirements, instead of having to do it themselves. Perhaps I'm just misremembering, but can anyone advise on this?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse/Fiance Visa - Using Family funds for finance reqs

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:47 am

Unfortunately 3rd party financial support is not permitted. You can be given a gift but the funds must be held in an accessible account for at least 6 months before submitting the application and should remain there when you apply to switch to FLR(M) after the wedding.
You will also have to meet the current finance level at each application stage through the 5 period probationary period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:35 am

Ah that's a shame, not sure why I thought it might be otherwise. It's too late to move money into an account of mine as well, unfortunately.

I suppose I might as well use this thread to ask another question:

As my father owns his own business, is there anything to stop him from simply offering a job to me that meets the requirements and using that to apply?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:43 am

You would have to be employed by your father's business for at least 6 months and submit official payslips showing earnings and tax deducted before you submit the fiance visa application. However, if you've been earning the equivalent of £18,600 per annum in your current country of residence a job offer in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival would qualify. For both options you would also have to submit a letter from the company setting out employment terms and annual salary. Be aware that employment in a family business that commences shortly before a spouse visa application will come under scrutiny.
Where do you intend to marry?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Well, I do earn enough where I am currently based to qualify for the second option.

I had assumed we would wed in England and go in on the fiance visa, but that was only really due to the mistaken assumption from my earlier post. It wouldn't matter too much to get married here - in China - and get a spousal visa, but judging from your wording it seems it might be better sticking to a fiance visa?