ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Canada

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

ILR & Canada

Post by yoyo2015 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 am

Hi All,

I and my wife are on ILR and children have received British passports after processing MN1 application and registration certificate.

Due to some family circumstance my wife [ILR] and children [BC] have to move Canada, while I will continue to work in the UK.

My questions are:-
When I will apply for my UK naturalization, will it impact my case as I am trying to settle in the UK but my family is not here which shows I have now weaker ties in the UK?
While living in Canada will my wife lose his ILR status after two years, or because he is taking care of BC children outside UK is a sufficient reason to maintain ILR?

Please advise.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: ILR & Canada

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 am

1. It shouldn't affect your application if you are not applying for discretion.
2. She will lose ILR if absent for more than 2 years regardless of personal reasons.
I am sometimes wrong.

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks for your reply.

I will be applying on the basis of HSMP/Tier-1>ILR route.
I am confused as I heard family not living in the UK impacts naturalization.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:01 am

News to me. I have no family in the UK and got approval for my naturalisation (on the same path as you) within a month and a half.

Mind you, mine was a straight-forward case (salaried, same employer for five years and no dependants).

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks.

Yes as you said no dependents, means at the time of ILR you never had family in the uk.

In my circumstance I had family at the time of ILR, but they wont be living in the UK at the time of my naturalization.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:13 am

It may impact the future intention requirement but without knowing the detail can't comment further.

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 am

ban.s wrote:It may impact the future intention requirement but without knowing the detail can't comment further.
Can you please elaborate?

I have no requirement other than qualifying for naturalization successfully.

My childern are already British Citizen and moving to Canada with mother due to family reasons.
So I just want to make sure it woudnt effect my status in UK.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 am

unless married to a british citizen or in crown service, one of the requirements of naturalisation is that you would continue to make UK as your main home. (Q2.3 of the AN form).
if your wife lives in a separate country they may question your future intention of living in the UK after naturalisation (and not joining your family abroad).
perhaps you provide explanation in support of your family circumstances in section 15.

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 am

Even if I answer in 2.3 UK is my main base...but If I answer question 1.35 mentioning she living in a different country thats obviously going to raise further questions...so means it may impact my naturalization process?

Can some please share their experience? or confirm if thats going to be a big problem?

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 pm

HI,

Can you please inform me what application are you making for your wife?

I have dependent wife Flr M and BC child. They both want to visit their family (Sister and Mother) in Canada for 8 weeks but I am really confused if my wife accompanying with BC child needs visa and if so what type of visit visa?

Can you please help?

Also If I (ILR Holder) accompany my BC 1 year old son, do I have to perform same procedure as of my Mrs?

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 pm

@Yhdil

Not sure but I guess you and your wife would need to apply for visit visa...and BC child can enter canada due to his non visa exempt passport