ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indicative Visa fees for 2015/16

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Indicative Visa fees for 2015/16

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:42 am

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Indicative Visa fees for 2015/16

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:16 pm

That doc dont stack up! If I look at Naturalisation fees, it shows current (2014/15) as £845 and proposed £925. Where as Link below shows current naturalisation fees to be £906? May be I am missing something?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:That doc dont stack up! If I look at Naturalisation fees, it shows current (2014/15) as £845 and proposed £925. Where as Link below shows current naturalisation fees to be £906? May be I am missing something?

True. I noticed that as well. May be a mistake from their side. I have to apply for citizenship in this month.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm applying on 3 March via NCS
Good luck with your application
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:54 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:That doc dont stack up! If I look at Naturalisation fees, it shows current (2014/15) as £845 and proposed £925. Where as Link below shows current naturalisation fees to be £906? May be I am missing something?

The above excludes citizenship ceremony cost (£80) which applicants need to pay along with the naturalisation application.

£826 + £80 = £906 ...current fee

£925 + £80 = £1025 ...proposed fee

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 pm

ban.s wrote:

The above excludes citizenship ceremony cost (£80) which applicants need to pay along with the naturalisation application.

I knew I was missing something! Cheers pal

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

ban.s wrote:

Assuming a family of 4.
Naturalisation – £906 per person including children = £3624
Passport fees - £81.25 per adult and £54.75 per child = £272
OCI fees - £175.00 per application. = £700
Surrender of Indian passport and citizenship = 117.24 per person = £468.96
Nationality Checking Service from Council- £150
Misc. Postage, photos, Travel etc - £50

Total = £5264.96

What a loot by both - British and Indian government. This is before April. After April few more hundreds.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:59 pm

When is it going to be live?
Last edited by jaweb on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:03 pm

I understand that the fees are exorbitant and way out of proportion to the actual cost of service provided. However, it is worth remembering that we are here by choice. We don't need to go down this path, especially as regards naturalisation (and getting OCI) if you have already got ILR.

The total cost for a single person (me) over the past six years has been in five figures, but I am where I am because I wanted to be here. Moaning about the cost does not help anybody. What does help is knowing the cost in advance so that one can plan. So, thanks for the original post, but save us the rant.

@jaweb: New fees typically come into force on 6th April each year. They are published in advance as (I believe) Parliament needs to be made aware of them atleast 40 days in advance.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 pm

[quote="secret.simon"]I understand that the fees are exorbitant and way out of proportion to the actual cost of service provided. However, it is worth remembering that we are here by choice. We don't need to go down this path, especially as regards naturalisation (and getting OCI) if you have already got ILR.

The total cost for a single person (me) over the past six years has been in five figures, but I am where I am because I wanted to be here. Moaning about the cost does not help anybody. What does help is knowing the cost in advance so that one can plan. So, thanks for the original post, but save us the rant.

@jaweb: New fees typically come into force on 6th April each year. They are published in advance as (I believe) Parliament needs to be made aware of them atleast 40 days in advance.[/quote]

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:28 am

secret.simon wrote:I understand that the fees are exorbitant and way out of proportion to the actual cost of service provided. However, it is worth remembering that we are here by choice. We don't need to go down this path, especially as regards naturalisation (and getting OCI) if you have already got ILR.

@jaweb: New fees typically come into force on 6th April each year. They are published in advance as (I believe) Parliament needs to be made aware of them atleast 40 days in advance.

It is illogical to justify government action. Government's argument that those who benefit from immigration system should pay costs of UKBA is flawed. Visitor visa are very cheap because government wants to benefit from money tourists are going to spend. Asylum provision is a political tool and so on. Government wants immigrants to keep economy growing. That is why it is called "Highly Skilled Migrant Programme". These immigrants are hardworking, tax paying individuals. Double taxation for such people is counter productive and harms economy in long term. Government's argument of recovering ukba costs from specific immigrants is wrong and could be challenged in court of law if people affected come together.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Moan as much as you like, mates, you have to either cough up or shut up. :lol:

My wife is eligible, in first week of March 2015, so I will be applying ASAP.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:22 pm

tier1_to_ilr wrote: Assuming a family of 4.
Only if the children are adults that go through the standard naturalization process. The registration process is about 60% of that cost.
tier1_to_ilr wrote:Surrender of Indian passport and citizenship = 117.24 per person = £468.96
Only if those children actually had passports. If they never had Indian passports or otherwise made any claim to Indian citizenship (very often the case with young children born in the UK), then there is no need for any kind of surrender of anything.
tier1_to_ilr wrote: What a loot by both - British and Indian government. ... After April few more hundreds.
Agreed completely. But as another poster very correctly stated: We are here by our own will. It our choice whether to bear these costs, and receive the subsequent benefits/responsibilities as a result, or to not bear these costs. And yes, that does to some extent justify these governments charging whatever they like for the privilege.

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:33 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
tier1_to_ilr wrote: Assuming a family of 4.
Only if the children are adults that go through the standard naturalization process. The registration process is about 60% of that cost.
tier1_to_ilr wrote:Surrender of Indian passport and citizenship = 117.24 per person = £468.96
Only if those children actually had passports. If they never had Indian passports or otherwise made any claim to Indian citizenship (very often the case with young children born in the UK), then there is no need for any kind of surrender of anything.
tier1_to_ilr wrote: What a loot by both - British and Indian government. ... After April few more hundreds.
Agreed completely. But as another poster very correctly stated: We are here by our own will. It our choice whether to bear these costs, and receive the subsequent benefits/responsibilities as a result, or to not bear these costs. And yes, that does to some extent justify these governments charging whatever they like for the privilege.
What if children are born abroad. They don't need naturalisation? Only registration?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Outflak1 is correct. The children will need to be registered using form MN1 after atleast one, preferably both, parent(s) have been naturalised.

As a rule of thumb, children are registered and adults are naturalised. The difference is that children born in the UK are entitled to registration when their parents are naturalised, while for children born abroad, it is at discretion.

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:59 am

secret.simon wrote:Outflak1 is correct. The children will need to be registered using form MN1 after atleast one, preferably both, parent(s) have been naturalised.

As a rule of thumb, children are registered and adults are naturalised. The difference is that children born in the UK are entitled to registration when their parents are naturalised, while for children born abroad, it is at discretion.
what about children born abroad when I was not british citizen. My son was born in 2004 and daughter in 2011. Both born abroad. And I am currently eligible to apply for naturalisation. Do I need to apply for naturalisation or registration for them?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 pm

tier1_to_ilr wrote:
secret.simon wrote:Outflak1 is correct. The children will need to be registered using form MN1 after atleast one, preferably both, parent(s) have been naturalised.

what about children born abroad when I was not british citizen. My son was born in 2004 and daughter in 2011. Both born abroad. And I am currently eligible to apply for naturalisation. Do I need to apply for naturalisation or registration for them?
Registration, but will be at discretion, both parents should hold ILR's. But normally they are lenient for younger children. My three years old daughter was born abroad and I applied for her MN1 with my AN, my wife held ILR at the time of application, we both got approved.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

bobsmuss
Newly Registered

Post by bobsmuss » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:16 pm

ILR increase from 1093 to 1500?

Did Ukba get disconnected from reality???!!!

Can forum moderator make this thread as a "HOT TOPIC" and be visible to anyone visiting immigrationboards???!!!

ILR will affect hundreds of thousands so we have to create and sign up e-petition so that it can be discussed and contested in parliament.

It is simply insane!!!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:04 am

I am not sure what an e-petition can do at this point in the life of the current Parliament. It is 80 days till the General Election and only about 50 until Parliament is dissolved. It is highly unlikely that an e-petition would get a hundred thousand votes by then and even were it to, the anti-immigration parties would love it as it would highlight their work of restricting immigration!!!

What people can do is good old-fashioned campaigning. This is the most unpredictable election since 1992, if not 1974. Find out what the candidates in your area have to say about this and support the one that is least against immigration. Get out there and do some door-to-door campaigning, leaflet-dropping, talking to people about the positives that you as a migrant bring to Great Britain (and Northern Ireland). Rock the vote and help make the next Parliament and government less hostile to immigrants.

Remember, all immigrants with citizenship of a Commonwealth country can be registered to vote. If you are Indian, Pakistani, Nigerian, Ghanian, etc, make sure you are registered to vote and make a difference in the ballot-box, where it matters.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of or affiliated to any political party or to the Electoral Commission.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 am

bobsmuss wrote:

Hardly. Will you not apply for ILR if the fees increase goes through? They know what its worth, it is just a matter of justifying the increase which I believe they will on paper.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 pm

bobsmuss wrote:

The reality is that if it wasn't for EU legislation, the United Kingdom wouldn't even have to offer anything like permanent residence to anybody. Indeed the vast majority of countries of the world have nothing like it. The UK (along with the rest of the EU) is an exception in this regards. And the EU legislation deals only with accession of this status to other EU nationals. It says nothing about non-EU nationals, how/whether member countries have to recognize each other's PR, how a member country itself implements it, and what rights a country even gives a resident with such status. If the UK wanted to effectively make it impossible to achieve except to other EU citizen's, that's their sovereign right.
bobsmuss wrote:

ILR will affect hundreds of thousands so we have to create and sign up e-petition so that it can be discussed and contested in parliament.
There is no requirement that UK open its arms up to the people of the world, or even to those hundreds of thousands.
bobsmuss wrote:

It is simply insane!!!

It is simply this country exercising its sovereign right to control immigration by whatever means it sees fit. These things swing around. Eventually, at some point in the future, the UK will again see the need for more migration, and then there will be new schemes and lower prices and other routes, etc....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:10 pm

The visa process cost neutral, the huge increase in fees is due to the abuse of the system and the now-necessary policing of it. I remember when it was all free and there was no Border Police Force.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bobsmuss
Newly Registered

Post by bobsmuss » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Can we bring HomeOffice to court if they proceed with this fees amendments?

What can be ground for it is the following document that they published in November 2013 justifying increase for other visa categories.

Document is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _visas.pdf

Look at the clause at the beginning of page 12.

In addition, we have certain statutory obligations to offer reduced fees or exemptions; for example,
fees must not present a barrier to migrants exercising their Human Rights
. In order to maintain
the required level of funding for our immigration system, any reduction in income as a result of
lowering the fee for one route, must be offset by increases elsewhere.
This has led to a situation where the fee paid for some routes may not clearly reflect the benefits of
a successful application. For example, the fee for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is the same as,
or lower than, the fee for some Tier 1 applications, even though ILR allows the successful applicant
to settle permanently in the UK, with access to a wider range of public funds and service

So what HomeOffice should be asked is whether sudden increase of ILR fees for 37% from 1093 to 1500 GBP wouldn't
represent a barrier for migrants to exercise their Human Rights?

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:06 pm

bobsmuss wrote:Can we bring HomeOffice to court if they proceed with this fees amendments?

What can be ground for it is the following document that they published in November 2013 justifying increase for other visa categories.

Document is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _visas.pdf

Look at the clause at the beginning of page 12.

In addition, we have certain statutory obligations to offer reduced fees or exemptions; for example,
fees must not present a barrier to migrants exercising their Human Rights
. In order to maintain
the required level of funding for our immigration system, any reduction in income as a result of
lowering the fee for one route, must be offset by increases elsewhere.
This has led to a situation where the fee paid for some routes may not clearly reflect the benefits of
a successful application. For example, the fee for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is the same as,
or lower than, the fee for some Tier 1 applications, even though ILR allows the successful applicant
to settle permanently in the UK, with access to a wider range of public funds and service

So what HomeOffice should be asked is whether sudden increase of ILR fees for 37% from 1093 to 1500 GBP wouldn't
represent a barrier for migrants to exercise their Human Rights?

Out of curiousity which "human rights" do you think will be affected/violated by the increase in fees?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:42 pm

bobsmuss wrote:

Can forum moderator make this thread as a "HOT TOPIC" and be visible to anyone visiting immigrationboards???!!!

It is simply insane!!!

Where did it mentioned that ILR fee changing from 1093 to 1500 ?

Regards,
suresh