ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Labour Market Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bukkysuccess
Newly Registered

Resident Labour Market Test

Post by Bukkysuccess » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:44 pm

I will appreciate a quick response from anyone.

I am looking to confirm if RLMT is required if Im being offered a new role in my office. Is the company required to pass RLMT before promoting a sponsored worker?

Thank you

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Resident Labour Market Test

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:51 pm

If the role is the same as your current SOC and you are just moving up in salary there is no need for RLMT.
If however the SOC is not the same or there is a significant change in the role, say now senior manager as opposed to Jnr staff then a RLMT would be needed.
Without knowing the precise details it is difficult to say.
Being promoted in the same company does not give you an automatic exemption from the RLMT.

Bukkysuccess
Newly Registered

Post by Bukkysuccess » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 am

Thank you for your response. the new role is the same SOC as my current role and the change of role also involved pay rise. The new role is not a managerial role but a senior for example change of role from Field Engineer to Senior Field Engineer.

Bukkysuccess
Newly Registered

Post by Bukkysuccess » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:20 am

Frontier Mole wrote:If the role is the same as your current SOC and you are just moving up in salary there is no need for RLMT.
If however the SOC is not the same or there is a significant change in the role, say now senior manager as opposed to Jnr staff then a RLMT would be needed.
Without knowing the precise details it is difficult to say.
Being promoted in the same company does not give you an automatic exemption from the RLMT.
Thank you for your response. the new role is the same SOC as my current role and the change of role also involved pay rise. The new role is not a managerial role but a senior for example change of role from Field Engineer to Senior Field Engineer.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Can't see need for RLMT in those circumstances

srmaram
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srmaram » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences .

I am a tier 2 depended, working in a uk company from last 4 years . They are happy to process my visa using restricted cos .

First they applied with out RLMT process and COS got rejected with reason no RLMT information .

Now in order to process RLMT now they advertised in 3 websites which included MNC company website .

IN JOB center plus user can't see salary and closing date but when user try to apply it will direct to another job portal where user can view Salary range .

Can you please answer below :
1. Does it has any problem posting adv in job center without Salary and closing date ?
2. When UKBA will view the job advertisement before issuing cos or after ?
3. If UKBA identified salary is not mentioned in website does the Sponcer rating will be downgraded or is there Any problem for employer .

My employer is new to issue restricted cos hence I am asking .

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:47 pm

In guideline - Appendix D - 2e (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11.14.pdf).
For details, please refer to this link and Tier 2 guidelines for employer.
it says when you take the screenshot of the advertisement, it should clearly show the following information.

2e Where the vacancy was advertised on the internet, including where it is advertised
on your own website (where this is permitted), you must keep a screen shot from the
website hosting the advertisement, on the day the vacancy is first advertised, which
clearly shows:
• the name of the website; and
• the contents of the advert; and
• the date and the URL; and
• the closing date for applications.

srmaram
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srmaram » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

As per your mail Closing date is mandatory in all the websites but my hr is telling we need couple of people regularly with same skill set. Hence we are not giving closing date

Salary range - Hr is telling she updated in job center plus but it is not displaying . She is guessing its a back end parameter and she is also telling when people trying to apply from jobcenter it is taking to different website and there it is displaying .

So I am bit scared what the impact of my cos and company rating . As I read some where in this form when employer is not advertised correctly theair rating will be down graded . Please clarify what it is.
Can you please clarify the above questions

Cheers
Sree