ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or SET(M) PBS Dependent of ILR (LR) Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Innovativexperts
Newly Registered

FLR(M) or SET(M) PBS Dependent of ILR (LR) Spouse

Post by Innovativexperts » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi,

I got ILR on long Residence Basis on Nov 2014.

My Wife is on PBS dependents and She came to UK on 15 June 2012 and leave Expires on APR 2016.

As per my knowledge:
1st I have to get extension by FLR(M).
2nd after FLR(M) need to apply Set(M) after completing 2 years in UK as she came in UK June 2012 before July 2012 rules changes.

But someone told me that Home Office has made some changes in Nov 2014 that if PBS dependent switch to ILR Dependent . They have to complete 5 year to qualify ILR. Is it True?

I am bit confused what I have to do in this situation.

Can someone Help me. As I planning to apply next week.

Regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(M) or SET(M) PBS Dependent of ILR (LR) Spouse

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Your understanding is very wrong.

You wife will need to apply under Appendix FM and after 5 years will be entitled to ILR.

Your wife path to ILR was lengthen when you decided to proceed with Long Residency application rather than continuing to ILR through PBS.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors