ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting OCI stamp on passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h9kx4
Newly Registered

Getting OCI stamp on passport

Post by h9kx4 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Hello everyone,
I applied for my OCI a short while ago in London but due to work I need to leave the country for at least 6 months in 4 days so I was wondering about how I could send my passport back to the UK to get it stamped and then returned to me safely?

I was initially thinking of flying into London once I get the ok online to send in the passport and trying to get the stamp done in a day or 2 in person but would they allow me to do that or will I have to go through the regular procedure of sending the passport in the mail?

Does anyone here have any ideas?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Getting OCI stamp on passport

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 am

HCI does not entertain any request to speed up OCI application. Your application goes to Delhi and then it comes back to HCI. They can not do anything until it shows Processed and received at HCI London.

I do not know if they will keep your application for 6 months.

h9kx4
Newly Registered

Post by h9kx4 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm not talking about the bit where everything goes to Delhi and comes back again, I'm talking about when everything does come back to London and you have to send in your passport so it can be stamped and then returned to you in the mail.

Instead of sending the passport in the mail and waiting a couple of days to get it back again can I do it in a day if I go in person and show a valid departure ticket for the next day?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:38 pm

as per a recent circular the OCI U visa sticker on foreign passport is going to be discontinued and the OCI booklet would be good enough for travel.

keep watching for updates on HCI website. You might be lucky.

h9kx4
Newly Registered

Post by h9kx4 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:08 pm

If this hopefully happens soon what do you think the procedure for collecting the OCI booklet will be? You think they'll let me collect it in person if it's an emergency?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:07 pm

In person collection is an option in emergency situation on exception basis however I can't say whether they would consider your situation as emergency and allow you to collect in person as these are dealt on case by case basis.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 am

Also see
TilharBoy wrote: A lovely lady from HCI called me on my phone and discussed the situation and suggested that the moment my status of application turns into "Recieved at HCI", i can personally go to the HCI and drop my passport at the reception with the below documents and then they'd dispatch back my passport the same day.
1) the printed copy of the status
2) the itinerary of my flights
3) Self addressed Special Delivery envelopes
4) email reply on my query from HCI (i've already received their response after the phone conversation with the lady)

We all have heard stories regarding how bad the indian government system/processes are. I must say that i'm highly impressed with the HCI. actually feeling proud.

Kudos HCI.