ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which one to apply: EEA4 or Naturalisation?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moni
Newly Registered

Which one to apply: EEA4 or Naturalisation?

Post by Moni » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello everyone

I have been living here since Feb 2007 as a family member of EEA national. I do not know if I could apply for British Passport straight away or if I need to apply for EEA4 first.

At the moment I've got my second Resident Permit which is valid till 2019.

Thank you.

Moni
Newly Registered

Re: Which one to apply: EEA4 or Naturalisation?

Post by Moni » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Any comment is highly appreciated.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Moni,

why is it your second Resident permit?

As far as I know you can't apply for British passport before securing your Permanent Residence (EEA4),

For EEA4 you'll need to provide 5 years proof of your partner's exercising treaty rights. If your partner has already granted PR then you don't need to provide the proof.

Albert Einstein

Moni
Newly Registered

Post by Moni » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi
Artur111 wrote:why is it your second Resident permit?
That's a long story. Applied for EEA4 earlier, got rejected , sent them more documents asking for reconsideration, waited for more than 6 months, nothing happened, got dismissed from work for not having valid visa, had to apply for another 5 year EEA2.
Artur111 wrote:As far as I know you can't apply for British passport before securing your Permanent Residence (EEA4),
Apparently by referring to this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... c_2014.pdf
If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain.
I can apply for nationalisation straight away without having PR in my passport as long as I have been living here for the last 6 years and my partner has been exercising the treaty right for 5 continuous years.

Just want to be sure if that is the case or not. Thank you.

Rasgullaa
Newly Registered

Post by Rasgullaa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Has anyone applied for naturalisation direct wiupthout having to apply for PR?

Thanks

raf84
Newly Registered

Post by raf84 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:57 am

Rasgullaa wrote:Has anyone applied for naturalisation direct wiupthout having to apply for PR?

Thanks
I would love to know this as well!