ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA with PR - alternative evidence required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raph03
Newly Registered

EEA with PR - alternative evidence required?

Post by raph03 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello,

Having recently applied for naturalisation I have just received a letter requesting alternative evidence.

I have originally provided:
- EEA passport
- UK driving licence
- PR issued Jan 2013 (family member of EEA citizen)
- LitUK certificate
- Cambridge FCE certificate

I am now to provide evidence of residence to cover the period from 22/01/10 to 21/05/15 which itself sounds weird as it's only 5 years rather than 6 required from EEA citizens.

Annex attached gives examples of documents required.

How shall I now respond to that request? I can't provide any of required documents as I have been looking after children. One of documents listed is letters from DWP confirming dates of receipt of child benefit - I'm not sure if HO are aware but DWP do not issue such regular statements.

Shall I instead provide them with my spouse's P60s, wage slips etc. duplicating evidence we have already provided applying for PR 2 years ago?

Since when HO does not accept documents issued by themselves?

I'm really worried as they we're very quick to collect their fees but do not seem to follow their own rules.

Please advise - has anyone had any similar experience?

Many thanks,

Raph

jamesjames

Re: EEA with PR - alternative evidence required?

Post by jamesjames » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 pm

They sent a similar letter to my wife and what she did was to send a print out of her bank statement, which was verified by her bank for the said period. She also highlighted the bank statement sections to show payment entries of child benefit. Other documents she sent were gas and electricity bills for the said period. If you are able to get council tax bill, also include it. She couldn't send herp60 or payslip as she has to been working during that time. She got her approval within a week of sending these documents to them. Don't forget to include a covering letter of the documents you have sent to them and why you can't provide what they have requested for. Best of luck.

raph03
Newly Registered

Post by raph03 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi jamesjames, many thanks for your reply.
I was thinking of Child Benefit or bills but those are all on my partner. My name is only mentioned on council tax bill - that's something!
I do have bank account to which he pays some shopping money regularly. Will try and attach statements from last 5 years.
Applying for PR we have provided joint tenancy agreements as a proof of relationship.

I emailed caseworker asking for clarification whether I should try and send same evidence we have provided with EEA3 application.
Thinking of it after reading your reply - it could be that they want some proof that I have been physically present in UK rather than exercising treaty rights.
Thanks again.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 pm

raph03 wrote:Hello,

Having recently applied for naturalisation I have just received a letter requesting alternative evidence.

I have originally provided:
- EEA passport
- UK driving licence
- PR issued Jan 2013 (family member of EEA citizen)
- LitUK certificate
- Cambridge FCE certificate

I am now to provide evidence of residence to cover the period from 22/01/10 to 21/05/15 which itself sounds weird as it's only 5 years rather than 6 required from EEA citizens.

Annex attached gives examples of documents required.

How shall I now respond to that request? I can't provide any of required documents as I have been looking after children. One of documents listed is letters from DWP confirming dates of receipt of child benefit - I'm not sure if HO are aware but DWP do not issue such regular statements.

Shall I instead provide them with my spouse's P60s, wage slips etc. duplicating evidence we have already provided applying for PR 2 years ago?

Since when HO does not accept documents issued by themselves?

I'm really worried as they we're very quick to collect their fees but do not seem to follow their own rules.

Please advise - has anyone had any similar experience?

Many thanks,

Raph

hi,
could u plz lt us know ur timeline,
when did u apply and when money deducted etc

I applied naturalisation and submitted same documents as you submitted.

raph03
Newly Registered

Post by raph03 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 pm

slough_Boy wrote:

hi,

Hi, sure:

20 Jan 2015 - application sent RM Special Delivery
27 Jan 2015 - HO sent acknowledgment letter
28 Jan 2015 - account debited
03 Feb 2015 - HO sent request for evidence
06 Feb 2015 - evidence request received

Hope that helps.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 pm

raph03 wrote:
slough_Boy wrote:

hi,

Hi, sure:

20 Jan 2015 - application sent RM Special Delivery
27 Jan 2015 - HO sent acknowledgment letter
28 Jan 2015 - account debited
03 Feb 2015 - HO sent request for evidence
06 Feb 2015 - evidence request received

Hope that helps.
tnx
are you an EEA national or non-EEA family member of an EEA national.?
did you apply after or before 12 months of PR ?

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:58 am

raph03 wrote:Hi jamesjames, many thanks for your reply.
I was thinking of Child Benefit or bills but those are all on my partner. My name is only mentioned on council tax bill - that's something!
I do have bank account to which he pays some shopping money regularly. Will try and attach statements from last 5 years.
Applying for PR we have provided joint tenancy agreements as a proof of relationship.

I emailed caseworker asking for clarification whether I should try and send same evidence we have provided with EEA3 application.
Thinking of it after reading your reply - it could be that they want some proof that I have been physically present in UK rather than exercising treaty rights.
Thanks again.
Yes, you are right. All they want is evidence that you have been physically present in the country since your acquired your PR status. I think you should send whatever document you have to them, if you can also get GP letter to show you have either attended or taken your children there during the said time, this will also help. Don't forget bank statements as well as this will also show evidence of bank activities during the said period of time. All the best.

raph03
Newly Registered

Post by raph03 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 am

slough_Boy wrote:

tnx
Hi,

We're both EEA. I've applied over 2 years after obtaining PR.
This might be additional factor as well as being absent from UK for over 2 years I would have lost that status.

Thanks for all replies!

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:36 am

raph03 wrote:
slough_Boy wrote:

tnx
Hi,

We're both EEA. I've applied over 2 years after obtaining PR.
This might be additional factor as well as being absent from UK for over 2 years I would have lost that status.

Thanks for all replies!
Yes, HO wants to make sure u were in UK and not absent as u mentioned.

raph03
Newly Registered

Post by raph03 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Brown envelope has finally arrived Today - all fine this time. Application approved and awaiting ceremony.
Thanks to everoyne for information and support!
:)

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:34 pm

I have received a similar letter asking me for alternative evidence of residence. It has to be from 26.11.2013 to 09.02.2015. So basically from date of PR up to when they have received my application.

I have studied until 30.05.2014 and worked from November until the end of December (also evidence of an application and interview from September and October. So would bank statements (activity during the said period) suffice? Perhaps they will have to

The enclosed annex outlines required documents and it looks quite generic because it says about a qualifying period and Treaty Rights.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

raph03
Newly Registered

Post by raph03 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Jaeger,
Replying to their request I have provided the following:
- 5 years worth of bank statements (to cover whole period in question)
- last 5 years council tax bills
- last 5 years Road tax reminders
- some medical evidence from 2012
- college learning agreement 2014/15
I have also explained in covering letter that due to being a housewife I'm unable to provide evidence as specified in the annex however would like to draw their attention to alternative evidence mentioned above.
I was also confused by annex myself as it suggest documents that are usually required to prove exercicing treaty rights. It seems they are more after your physical presence in UK though.
Hope that helps.

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:00 pm

This is the kind of evidence I was thinking about. I will send it tomorrow.

HO was very prompt so far. Let's hope it will stay that way.