ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help,applying for ILR with unpaid leave under Tier2 G

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sysy01
Newly Registered

Please help,applying for ILR with unpaid leave under Tier2 G

Post by sysy01 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi

I can't find any clear answer to my question below. Really appreciate if someone can help me.

I am going to apply for ILR with five years Tier 2 (general) visa. I had one month unpaid leave outside the UK (the maximum allowed without breaking Tier 2 continuity). It was to attend my sister wedding and not due to a serious or compelling reason as mentioned in the immigration rules below.

1) Will I have any problem when applying for ILR?
2) Do I need to include unpaid leave in the letter from employer detailing annual leave?
3) Anything I should take note?

In Immigration rules part 5 under 134SD - Specified documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rt_5v2.pdf

B. A letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave. Where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason, a personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all original supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.

Thank you very much for your help.