ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Cardiff 07/02/2105

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran3313
United Kingdom

ILR Success - Cardiff 07/02/2105

Post by kiran3313 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi all,

I had my ILR approved today, sharing my experience and im sure this info would come in need for someone or the other,

Background - Tier 2 ICT - Tier 2 General - ILR
Entry celarance - 08 Feb 2010
UK entry - 25 April 2010 (within 90 days limit, so eligibility started from 08 feb)
No leaves over 180 days in any of the last five years

Picked up one important sutra from the forum which is - 'KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE', and thats exactly what i did.

Documents:
Set O form
Passport
BRP
Employer letter
Degree certificate
Life in UK pass letter
Phtographs - 02
Payslisp - 03 (last three months)
Bank statements - 03 (last three, indicating last three salaries)

This is all what i have submitted. I was carrying below anyway -
P60's - had only four
Payslips - for last on year
bank statements - for last one year
Previous employer letter confirming absences
PBS printout showing my degree

Not even a single document apart from what i have submitted was asked.

Few points -
1. Employer confirming absences - For on question 6.3, i did tick the box confirming I have submitted employer letter cofnirming the absences, but did not submit the letter. I was ready to submit if case worker asks for it, but for some reason they did not care, this to me indicates that no letter needed from employer if leaves fall within 180 days limit (but it is always good to have just in case)
2. Unpaid leaves - Out of three payslips i have submitted, one of them indicated deducted salary due to unpaid leaves i have taken recently. There are many discussion around this and i am one of many who got confused between unpaid absences and unpaid leaves, thought this payslip may cause some sort of confusion, but no questions around this.
3. First entry into UK - For question 6.1, I entered the date I arrived in UK which is 25 April 2010 rather the EC data which is 08 Feb 2010

Overall experience in Cardiff was wonderful, it took nearly 2 hours for my decision, and very happy it gone well.

Excuse me for any typos :)
Happy to answer any questions, all the best for future applicant

dari_ilr
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - Cardiff 07/02/2105

Post by dari_ilr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi ,
many congratulations to you.
I am applying for ILR by end of this month, can you share the employer letter format please if you don't mind.

Thanks
Dari

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 pm

You were not to submit any Cohab documents?

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:37 am

kyborg99 wrote:You were not to submit any Cohab documents?
I applied for myself without any dependant applications in which case u do not need to submit any conhabs

Semper
Newly Registered

Post by Semper » Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 am

kiran3313 wrote:Hi all,

I had my ILR approved today, sharing my experience and im sure this info would come in need for someone or the other,

Background - Tier 2 ICT - Tier 2 General - ILR
Entry celarance - 08 Feb 2010
UK entry - 25 April 2010 (within 90 days limit, so eligibility started from 08 feb)
No leaves over 180 days in any of the last five years

Picked up one important sutra from the forum which is - 'KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE', and thats exactly what i did.

Documents:
Set O form
Passport
BRP
Employer letter
Degree certificate
Life in UK pass letter
Phtographs - 02
Payslisp - 03 (last three months)
Bank statements - 03 (last three, indicating last three salaries)

This is all what i have submitted. I was carrying below anyway -
P60's - had only four
Payslips - for last on year
bank statements - for last one year
Previous employer letter confirming absences
PBS printout showing my degree

Not even a single document apart from what i have submitted was asked.

Few points -
1. Employer confirming absences - For on question 6.3, i did tick the box confirming I have submitted employer letter cofnirming the absences, but did not submit the letter. I was ready to submit if case worker asks for it, but for some reason they did not care, this to me indicates that no letter needed from employer if leaves fall within 180 days limit (but it is always good to have just in case)
2. Unpaid leaves - Out of three payslips i have submitted, one of them indicated deducted salary due to unpaid leaves i have taken recently. There are many discussion around this and i am one of many who got confused between unpaid absences and unpaid leaves, thought this payslip may cause some sort of confusion, but no questions around this.
3. First entry into UK - For question 6.1, I entered the date I arrived in UK which is 25 April 2010 rather the EC data which is 08 Feb 2010

Overall experience in Cardiff was wonderful, it took nearly 2 hours for my decision, and very happy it gone well.

Excuse me for any typos :)
Happy to answer any questions, all the best for future applicant
Hi Kiran,

Congratulations! How many days out of the UK
were maximum per year?
Thank you very much in advance!