ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should be the duration for family visitor visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

What should be the duration for family visitor visa?

Post by stitaprajna » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi All,

If parents need to join their daughter to spend time with her during her pregnancy, what is the best duration to mention in the family visitor visa? They may stay for 4-6 months but most likely for 6 months.
Will the visa always be given for a minimum duration of 6 months even if we apply for a duration say 2 months? We do not want to take a risk of rejection if that is the case if we apply for 6 months.

Please advise.
Many Thanks,
Stit

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: What should be the duration for family visitor visa?

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,

Visitor visa when my parents, my brother, my mother in law, when applied first time got for 6 months every time. Don't worry too much.

My brother only stayed for 10 days. my parents hardly 2.5 months. its subjective. however make sure you buy travel insurance to cover their actual stay duration.

good luck.