ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Visa extension (from India) for British Child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

Indian Visa extension (from India) for British Child

Post by adnanjamil » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 am

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this query.

My 2 year old child is in India with his grand parents and his 6 months visa is coming to an end. Is it possible to extend his stay from India for another 40 days (without re-applying for visa). Due to difficult circumstances, my wife and I are unable to bring him back before his visa expiry not his grand parents have visa to visit UK.

Somone suggested that if a letter from local Police Commissioner is issued for extension then then the child could stay longer. Is this is the right process. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I cannot find any relevant posts or links regarding this, kindly advise.

ban.s

Re: Indian Visa extension (from India) for British Child

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes, that's partially correct. SPs have jurisdiction to extend visas on certain circumstances.
He(You) would need to submit the visa extension form and certain other documents. However in the first stance please contact your local FRRO or SP's office for specific requirements and steps.