ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French nationaily

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gokul76
Newly Registered

French nationaily

Post by gokul76 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:21 am

Hi
My grand father is French. My mother is French. She was married in 70's in India. It was not registered. It was a relegious wedding. I am 35 yrs old. I claimed for French nationality. They send me a letter that due to the fact my parents wedding was documented my legitimation was not established. So my mother went to the court where she was married and got a judgement that she was married. So will this establish my legitimation. Or should my mother get livert de famile only then will my legitimation be established.
Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:59 am

You may need to find an experienced French lawyer.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Try to get the Indian marriage certificate from the Indian government.It is possible to apply for a Marriage Certificate even nowby registering religious weddings with the government.
You can then use this marriage certificate,birth certificate to apply for the 'livret de famille' at the french consulate.If you have your birth certificate, I don't think it should be a problem for you to apply for French Nationality. Contact some lawyers in Pondicherry, they might have some experience with this issue.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:48 pm

As long as you have a birth certificate with the name of your mother,and your mother has her birth certificate, as well as her 'carte d'identity' it should not be too difficult. If the consular officials demand her 'liveret de famille', then you should apply for her indian wedding certificate with the registrar of the district where she got married using her wedding invitation,photos etc.

Then you should get her wedding transcribed at the french consulate and they will issue her a 'livret de famille'.Talk to the officials of 'Etat Civil' section in the consulate first.

you can find more details here on getting indian marriage certificate here.
http://www.tnreginet.net/igregn/webAppln/index.asp