ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Licence/ Doctor/ Dentist??

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Linka7
Newly Registered

Driving Licence/ Doctor/ Dentist??

Post by Linka7 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 am

Hello, can anyone advise me on whether you are able to apply for a provisional driving licence on a spouse visa?
Also, are you able to register with a Doctor and a Dentist. My friend was told by the GP surgery he had to apply after 6 months??

All info, much appreciated :)

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:07 am

You can apply for the provisional driving licence whilst on spouse visa, but will have to head over to the nearest DVLA office to get your passport size photo stamped and the appropriate section to be filled out by them. After that you will have to send your passport (as you are neither British/EU) over to DVLA Swansea before they verify and send you the provisional. Do call and ask for the waiting times for them to keep the passport as I have heard of it being upto 3 months sometimes. Also do use Special Delivery tpo and fro for extra safety.

For registration with doctors pls have a read through this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#107763
Jabi

Linka7
Newly Registered

Post by Linka7 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:56 am

Thank you for that information on driving licence.

He is confused about registering for a doctor as he was told he has to pay £35 each time he has an appointment. Do you/anyone know is this sounds correct?