ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency period in question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leis

Residency period in question

Post by Leis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:21 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply naturalisation next month. I am living in UK from 2009 onwards. But I have a resident in question for 3 months between 01.05.2011 to 31.07.2011. During this period I had an issue with the house we moved in. So we never informed to the council and never paid any council tax for this period. But I have a continuity in my business rates bill from the council.
Will this affect my naturalisation application in
1. Not paying the council tax for the 3 months period?
2. Continuity in my residency period.

In the worst case, can I inform the council and pay back for the 3 moths period? Is it possible?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Residency period in question

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 am

1. Not 100% certain but I think if you did not go to court or have been convicted about this issues 4 years ago than you should be fine. If in doubt you can check http://www.trustonline.org.uk/
2. You will be submitting your passport which will show your absences.
I am sometimes wrong.

Leis

Post by Leis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi,

Copies of business rates from the council for the past 6 years are accepted for residency calculation?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 pm

You do not need to disclose anything with your application and as I said your passport should be enough to prove your residence. If HO wants further proof they will ask for it.
I am sometimes wrong.

Leis

Post by Leis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi Milan,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I entered UK from Ireland. Due the common travel area, there is no stamp during my first entry. So UKVI may need an additional docs to prove my residency.
Can I submit my passport with my first tenancy agreement?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:09 am

That is not a problem and HO will only ask for additional proof if they have any concerns, otherwise you are not required to submit anything beforehand apart from your passport. If you will be applying through NCS I think they will tell you the same.
Employers letters, Medical letters, P60, bank statements, etc. can be used to prove certain period of residency.
I don't think you have anything to worry about.
I am sometimes wrong.

Leis

Post by Leis » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks for your valuable advise