ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - Bank Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap_in
Newly Registered

EC - Bank Funds

Post by ap_in » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 pm

I have around GBP 2300 (INR 2,00000) in my account. Will it be a sufficient fund for my EC(only for me) . Pl advice. Thanks

fareedbaig

Post by fareedbaig » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:13 pm

The general acceptable amount you need to have in your account for EC in India is INR 400000 - 500000. This is to prove to BHC that you have sufficient fund to support yourself in UK for at leaset 3-6 months.

Yes if you have job offer and a letter from your friend that when you land up in UK he will provide you accamodation then the amount can be bit less (even I think you need to have 300000 INR in your account).

antony

Post by antony » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Yes, Thats true. You must be in a position to support yourself without the recourse to public funds.

Also, accomodation from a friend will suffice for you to tell them that you have a place to live.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

troubledkhan1

Post by troubledkhan1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:21 pm

I believe £2300 is enough amount if you can include a tenancy agreement along with your EC application and also show evidence that you have already started looking for work(job ads print outs, email exchanges with recruiters etc). Try to get a tenancy agreement from your friend or family in UK if you have any.

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Thanks for your quick response. If I need to attach tenancy agreement of my friend who is in UK...what are the required documentation should I get from my friend ? Also can some one send me the format of the accomodation offer letter which my friend needs to provide. Thanks

troubledkhan1

Post by troubledkhan1 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:09 pm

Get a copy of Friend's tenancy agreement and a letter/email from your friend to you inviting you to stay at his place until you find a suitable job. Email or letter should contain your friend's contact info. For cover letters, you can search the board, there are plenty of drafts that have been posted earlier.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:37 am

Can joint accounts with family members like Parents, Siblings be used as Funds Declaration for EC?

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks for you info. I am planning to apply for EC in chennai(india) next month...in the British high commission site they have mentioned that the intergra services is free of cost. But in intergra verfication site they have mentioned that the fees for is around 5900 INR. Which one is true???

Also HSMP comes under which catergory? Settlement or Non settlement..I am not yet married. Thanks