ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - lessons learnt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NationOne

EC - lessons learnt

Post by NationOne » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:34 am

I went for my EC today in Bangalore, India. Some of the regulations took me by surprise.

1. They do not accept Bank Balance Certificates for proof of funds. Instead they expect a passbook, or transaction history for the past 6 months, or fixed deposit certificates.

2. Photographs should have a white background. They sent back all those applicants whose photos had colored backgrounds.

3. You are expected to land in the UK within 90 days of the Visa's date of issue. This applies for your dependants too. So my plan - of doing the EC for my dependants now and then expecting them to join me 6 months later - did not work.

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_mike » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:57 am

Hello, what NationOne has stated regarding entering the UK within 90 days of EC tends to go contrast what has previously been stated / discussed in this forum. As I understood it you were only required to enter within 12 months!

Any comments?????

Cheers
Mike

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:42 am

1. They do not accept Bank Balance Certificates for proof of funds. Instead they expect a passbook, or transaction history for the past 6 months, or fixed deposit certificates.
This makes sure you haven't borrowed a large sum of money a week or two before your EC application which a balance statement does not show. They want to see the transactions and their source e.g. salary etc. You are lucky to get asked for 6 months - some posts ask for 12 months.
2. Photographs should have a white background. They sent back all those applicants whose photos had colored backgrounds.
More or less standard photo requirements nowadays for use in visa, passport and other photo I.D. applications - a white background ensures your features are more visible. A patterned/ coloured background does the opposite - you want your photo to look good after all don't you :) .
3. You are expected to land in the UK within 90 days of the Visa's date of issue. This applies for your dependants too. So my plan - of doing the EC for my dependants now and then expecting them to join me 6 months later - did not work.
The visa is valid for entry into the UK at any time during its validity - we have posters on the board who have entered the UK at the 4-6 month stage of their HSMP visa. Who actually gave you this 3 month info - was it an ECO or one of the local staff? It may be a recommendation but its not in the immigration rules. I suspect they were refering to the approval letter. HSMP Team know the renewal stage will take care of the latecomers :wink: .

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:09 am

But is that statement about dependants true ???

If I do not claim my spouse as dependant can she enter UK lately ..e.g. one year since my own entry ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:16 am

1. Principal applicant's HSMP visa is always of 12 month validity.
2. HSMP dependent visa if application at the same time as principal applicant is also of 12 months validity.
3. HSMP dependent visa issued after principal visa will be to the remaining validity of principal applicant's visa i.e. both visa will have the same expiry date.

Both HSMP and HSMP dependent visa are valid for entry into the UK at any time during their validity - however 1st entry into the UK by HSMP dependent should be with or after the principal applicant NOT before.

NationOne

Post by NationOne » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:44 am

A staff at the Visa Facilitation Centre who counselled me mentioned about the 90 days rule.
But my Visa stamp does not say the same.