ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How the exchange rate calculation happening in HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siva
Newly Registered

How the exchange rate calculation happening in HSMP?

Post by Siva » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi all,
I just want to know that how the HSMP team will be considering the Exchange rate value? What is their main criteria in that?
Ex:
My gross salary for the past 12 months comes as 606834
rupees, if I divide this value by 81.30 current exchange rate on ratesfx.com website Aug-17-2007 - so it comes 7461.37. So i am not eligible to get 45 points.

But if the exchange rate getting reduced to 80 then 7585.42 pounds.

So I need to know what parameter they are using for the exchange rate conversion, is it daily basis or weekly basis?
If anyone knows that please share your knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance

Siva

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Exchange rate applied will be on, date of last salary slip. i.e. if your last claimed month is July then, exchange rate to be considered is of 31st July.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:55 pm

gotcha wrote:Exchange rate applied will be on, date of last salary slip. i.e. if your last claimed month is July then, exchange rate to be considered is of 31st July.
To add on, you need to do bit of guidance notes reading and searching this forums. bcas this is a simple doubt and so many times the same doubt is cleared and replied previously in this forum itself. Anyway you can get the exchange rates with the corresponding dates from http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

hope this helps.

antony

Post by antony » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 pm

kck9 wrote:
gotcha wrote:Exchange rate applied will be on, date of last salary slip. i.e. if your last claimed month is July then, exchange rate to be considered is of 31st July.
To add on, you need to do bit of guidance notes reading and searching this forums. bcas this is a simple doubt and so many times the same doubt is cleared and replied previously in this forum itself. Anyway you can get the exchange rates with the corresponding dates from http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

hope this helps.
The rates should be taken from the oanda.com site and attach a printed copy of the date's exchange along with the application.

Hope this helps.
If you are applying on August,
You can take the print as on 31/July/07 and then send it across.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.