ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Copies of all documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SofiaRand48
Newly Registered

Copies of all documents

Post by SofiaRand48 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Hello!! My Fiancee and I are planning to apply for a Fiancee visa very soon. I applied for a visiting visa a couple years ago, and at the time it was neccessary to provide two copies of all documents. I've been researching about this and I can't seem to find much information about it. Is it still neccessary to provide two copies of all documents?? Also, I have been seeing much information about the documents having to be original copies. My fiancee is currently in the uk, is it still neccessary for all of his financial documents to be original? Last time I applied, his mother was my sponsor and and I just used scanned copies of all of the documents and it was fine.
Will be grateful for all help!!

SoHopeful

Re: Copies of all documents

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Yes originals are required - especially bank statements and payslips.
I would advise you include copies of everything so that you can have originals returned to you.

SofiaRand48
Newly Registered

Post by SofiaRand48 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Ok so I have to have them sent to me by post?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:26 am

SofiaRand48 wrote:Ok so I have to have them sent to me by post?
I hope you're aware your sponsor must meet financial requirement of 18600 and you having test of English?
You need to meet ALL requirements as a matter of fact.

SofiaRand48
Newly Registered

Post by SofiaRand48 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Yes I am perfectly aware of the financial requirement, which my fiancee exceeds. I have also recieved a band 9 in IELTS Listening and Speaking. The only thing I'm worried about is having the originals of the financial documents, because my fiancee doesn't think much about sending his payslips to Russia by post...

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm

SofiaRand48 wrote:Yes I am perfectly aware of the financial requirement, which my fiancee exceeds. I have also recieved a band 9 in IELTS Listening and Speaking. The only thing I'm worried about is having the originals of the financial documents, because my fiancee doesn't think much about sending his payslips to Russia by post...
He needs to send original documents and photocopy as well,all this is just for you to avoid any delay or refusal though.

SofiaRand48
Newly Registered

Post by SofiaRand48 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Ok thank you!

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Rayking wrote:
SofiaRand48 wrote:Yes I am perfectly aware of the financial requirement, which my fiancee exceeds. I have also recieved a band 9 in IELTS Listening and Speaking. The only thing I'm worried about is having the originals of the financial documents, because my fiancee doesn't think much about sending his payslips to Russia by post...
He needs to send original documents and photocopy as well,all this is just for you to avoid any delay or refusal though.
Yes, in that case and in every case don't forget to keep scanned or photocopies of originals with your fiancé, in worse case these were to be lost in post.

good luck.