ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENTRY CLEARANCE IN INDIAN EMBASSY -- HELP WANTED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indian_On_Wings
Newly Registered

Post by Indian_On_Wings » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:52 pm

Hello all,
This is one of the finest platform I've seen which offers help to all those who have got clearance from Home Office U.K. but are unaware of the common procedures for Entry clearance in their own countries. I too come under this category.
I'm in India and would be presenting my application for Entry Clearance next week. I have all the necessary documents ready i.e

1) Liquid funds of more than GBP 11,000
2) Property worth about GBP 80,000 in my share.
3) Employment history & latest Pay Slips.
4) Reference letter from the current employer (not the N.O.C because I haven't told my parent company yet that I'm applying for U.K migration, 'coz no company would want their senior staff to leave).
5) Proof of accomodation in London through letter from a close friend.

Of course I have the form filled and the passport ready.

I have following queries(specially from people who have experience in Indian embassies):

1) Can some one please give me rough idea of how my covering letter should be made for applying for Entry Clearance ?
2) Can you all please suggest that would these documents be enough ?
3) Is it necessary to include my income tax return, which I have not filed yet ? ( Govt. of India has extended date of filing of Income tax till 30th October, so I'm not bound to file my return before this)
4) I have a refusal on my passport from U.K embassy and then after that I have been granted a visa after filing an application again with more proper documents. I have stayed in U.K for 3 months. SO how do I fill the columns in which it is asked as to 'Have you been refused visa to U.K. ?

I know I'm loading you all with a plethora of queries but the wording of covering letter and answer to subsquent questions would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your advice.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 pm

Check the sticky note for Entry Clearance experiences of members.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=832

There are many from India too.
BTW, where you are applying? People have different experiences in different BHC offices. Mumbai is cool(personal experience) compared to Delhi and Chennai offices(Other members opinion).

Documentation is fine. Experience letters and HSMP approval note are important. IT returns doc is also important (Even last year statement works)

Will there be any impact if we show high worth of property, when applying for migration? (May be you can setup your own office over there :D )Seniors comments are needed on this.

'Have you been refused visa to U.K. ?

You can strikeout this option. Answer is No. Any subsequent approval after a refusal is not considered as "Refused to enter".

Where did you get the form? Better fill the form you got from the VFS office.

Hope this info helps you.

regards
puti

Indian_On_Wings
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by Indian_On_Wings » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:54 pm

thanks puti for the informative reply,

but can anyone plz suggest what wordings shud i put in the covering leter ??
BTW i'm applying in Delhi which is known for its rejections. I got the approval letter from home office dated: 2nd Sep.

i'm nervous bout not putting in my tax returns, lets see what the ECO decides.

thanx once again and if you could give me some info for building my covering letter ??

cheers...

shintu
Newly Registered

Post by shintu » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:11 pm

Hi,

As per my experience in Delhi, they do not ask for any covering letter.

They shall
1. take your hsmp letter
2. HAF Form filled up
3. Supporting documents for salary
4. Photostat copies of your qualifications, job details [like I gave my joining letter, experience certificates] etc.
5. Fees to be submitted.

Best regards
shintu

Indian_On_Wings
Newly Registered

thanxx for help !!! Got the Clearance ..!!!!!!!!!

Post by Indian_On_Wings » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:09 pm

thanxx all for the help,
i applied for the entry clearance and attached the following
1) A covering letter stating that i cudn't find a job in uk coz i was not able to give a face to face interview etc.
2) VAF form filled.
3) C.A statement summarising my cash in my bank accounts and the property I hold.
4) All the bank statements and of all the accounts I hold.
5) One year salary slips of m company with a salary certificate.
6) All the experience letters and current reference letter from present company.
7) Support letter of accomodation in London frm a close frend.

So within 2 working days I got my visa stamped from the current date till one year.
I preffred to collect the passport from the VFS office itself.

Hope this helps the others in preparing the docs for entry clearance.

The main point is that after ur clearance frm HOme office U.K these people in embassy want to see if u have sufficient funds to sustain urself for an year.

all the best to all future applicants

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:28 pm

Hi Indian_On_Wings and everybd

I hope by this time u must have flown to UK......
Wat all Q's were asked to u at EC off and were u with ur spouse (If married)
How abt Job situation. Can u provide me ur mail-id so that i can get info from u.

I request from all Indian members from the Forum that can they tell what kinda Q's are asked from ECO and which format appl should be prepared in Delhi (I know this kinda Q would have been already asked but for Delhi people are really finiky)

One more query, i am a permanent resident of Delhi but heard like BHC in Mumbai is cool, so being a Delhite can i apply for EC from Mumbai.

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 pm

Any post dated (stamping) EC experiences from Bombay ?
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: