ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does an appeal take if you just need to provide....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSS

How long does an appeal take if you just need to provide....

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 pm

How long does an appeal take if you just need to provide a couple more documents? I read on the Asylum and Immigration tribunal homepage that it can take within a week after submitting the appeal. Is this correct?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How long does an appeal take if you just need to provide

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:06 pm

MSS wrote:How long does an appeal take if you just need to provide a couple more documents? I read on the Asylum and Immigration tribunal homepage that it can take within a week after submitting the appeal. Is this correct?
I think the general consensus is that it is quicker to reapply with the refusal points addressed than it is to appeal, ISTR reading six months or more here. Search the forum.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Its better to reapply with missing documents even though it cost lot of money but its quicker as appeal process takes between 6months to a year.

MSS

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:25 pm

but on this website its states the original decision can be overturned at 0 weeks by the ECO:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/forms_and_guidanc ... ftheUK.pdf

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:27 pm

MSS wrote:but on this website its states the original decision can be overturned at 0 weeks:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/forms_and_guidanc ... ftheUK.pdf
'can be' as in 'never is'!

Use the search function for real world stories. What country are we talking about here BTW?

MSS

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:32 pm

Pakistan - I know someone who's was done in a week, after providing the additional documents..... surely it would only go into 26 weeks if the ECO dismisses the appeal the second time?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:37 pm

MSS wrote:Pakistan - I know someone who's was done in a week, after providing the additional documents..... surely it would only go into 26 weeks if the ECO dismisses the appeal the second time?
Try it then.

On the other side of the coin, a Czech friend of mine in UK was refused a student visa for his Russian gf, and he's appealing.

This was two months ago or so - all he has is the acknowledgement letter.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:05 am

Hi
If you can provide more supporting documents which ECO needs so its better to re-apply. Appeal process take long time.
I was refused my spouse visa on October last year and since that time I am waiting for my hearing which will be on Sept, 10, in less than 1 month.
Good luck to you.

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

Post by LUCKY1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:44 pm

every case is different
my case was refused did appeal date came in 2 weeks appeal heard and we won the appeal u should appeal aswell its it doesnt take 6 months for date of appeal all of this happened in 1 month

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:25 pm

LUCKY1 wrote:every case is different
my case was refused did appeal date came in 2 weeks appeal heard and we won the appeal u should appeal aswell its it doesnt take 6 months for date of appeal all of this happened in 1 month
I dont understand what are you talking about. How the whole appeal process can take 1 month if you have just 28 days to lodge the appeal??? And after this the embassy have 2 or 3 months to change their mind and issue a visa without hearing if not they send all docs to AIT. Than you will get a letter saying your hearing date . So I can say it takes min 5 months before hearing and min 1 month to get the visa if the appeal was won.

Can you explain how your appeal process took just 1 month and when your appeal was lodged and when did you have your hearing date???? its very interesting

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

Post by LUCKY1 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:26 am

ur situation might be different , my case was unmarried couple case
got refused appeal date in 1 week date was heard after 3 weeks got determination in 6 days

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:06 pm

LUCKY1 wrote:ur situation might be different , my case was unmarried couple case
got refused appeal date in 1 week date was heard after 3 weeks got determination in 6 days
Can you tell exactly dates, when you lodged your appeal, when your hearing was and when you get the visa? As well where are you from and where were you refused the visa? Did you have oral hearing or paper?
Sorry but i still cant believe that it took 1 month, its weird.

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

Post by LUCKY1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:50 am

refusal date may 14 appeal submitted 22 may appeal heard 26 june i was overstayer and i did in country appeal at ait and won by immigration rules, i havent got my visa yet am told it takes abt 3 month or 56 days for home office to issue PAPERS i had oral hearing with judge i was refused on basis that i need entry clearence and didnt provide enough evidence to show my relation with my partner i was refused visa with right of appeal in country uk that we won.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:28 pm

LUCKY1 wrote:refusal date may 14 appeal submitted 22 may appeal heard 26 june i was overstayer and i did in country appeal at ait and won by immigration rules, i havent got my visa yet am told it takes abt 3 month or 56 days for home office to issue PAPERS i had oral hearing with judge i was refused on basis that i need entry clearence and didnt provide enough evidence to show my relation with my partner i was refused visa with right of appeal in country uk that we won.
So you wre refused the visa within UK but we are talking about the refusal outside UK I mean in the embassy and in this situation appeal process take min 5 months or more, it cant take just 1 month. Its defferent things.
May be Home Office asked for reconsidaration the decision of Judge after the hearing and thats why you have not your visa still, its possible because you are overstayer and you have to apply for entry clearence outside UK I agree with Home Office definitely that they refused the visa.
Last edited by AksanaT on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:30 pm

LUCKY1 wrote:home office to issue PAPERS
which papers?

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

Post by LUCKY1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:12 pm

i tink u are confused
when u win appeal in country home office doesnt give visa straight away
first they have 5 days to appeal agianst judge desicion.
if they dont then home office issue,s visa
am talking abt in country thats my experince, may be it takes 6 months outside uk i believe that