ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Child (born in India) for ILR and Tier-1 Partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Visa for Child (born in India) for ILR and Tier-1 Partner

Post by bharathsb » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:54 am

Dear Board Members,

I have a query on the visa application for the child born in India, which I hope you can help me with.

I am currently on ILR (obtained via Tier-1 visa route) in UK which was granted on 21-Nov-2014. My wife is currently on Tier-1 General Partner's visa with Validity from 04/01/2013 to 13/06/2015.
My wife is currently in India for maternity. For our new born child, born in India, could you please let us know if we need to apply for a Family Permit visa or for a Tier-1 General Dependant visa?
Also, could you please let us know the forms to be used?

Many Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for Child (born in India) for ILR and Tier-1 Partne

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Tier-1 General Dependant visa
Visa will be issued in line with the mothers visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:29 am

Thanks a lot CR001!! So, I am now not required to show Proof of Income!?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:28 am

The dependant has to satisfy the Maintenance fund requirements, as if you were still a Tier 1 (General) holder.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Vinny, Thank you very much for the valuable info.

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Sun May 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Dear Board Members,

With regards to the above post, I would like to update my situation and seek guidance on next course of actions as I am now bit confused as to what I should do next.

I am currently on ILR (obtained via Tier-1 visa route) in UK which was granted on 21-Nov-2014. My wife is currently on Tier-1 General Partner's visa with Validity from 04/01/2013 to 13/06/2015.

Our baby boy was born on 03/03/2015 in India and we applied for Tier-1 General Dependent Child visa from Bangalore, India. The visa for my son has been granted with Visa Start date from 10/05/2015 and Visa Expiry date on 13/06/2015.
I was expecting my son to be given 3 years visa as I am on ILR, but my son has been given visa in-line with mother's visa expiry dates. May be my understanding was wrong. But the fact that we got just a month's visa having paid 94,400 INR seems just too much of cost.
So could you please let me know if my son's visas period of grant is correct or if I could challenge the decision on the period of grant?

My wife and my son are travelling to UK on the 08/06/2015. We are planning to apply for my wife's visa extension as soon as she is here as the visa will be expiring on 13/06/2015.

If I cannot challenge the decision on period of grant for my son's visa, then please suggest in which visa category I should apply? Should I apply again in tier-1 general dependent extension category? Or is there any other cost effective category that I could apply?
I will be applying for mine and my son's British Citizenship on 21-Nov-2014. I only effectively need 6 months valid visa for my son to be in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tier-1 General Dependant visa
Visa will be issued in line with the mothers visa.
Yes, the visa validity is correct. You will have to apply for an extension for both of them before their visas expire once they arrive.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Thank you very much CR001!