ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Childs travel out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

internetstatic
Newly Registered

Childs travel out of UK

Post by internetstatic » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:37 am

Hello,

I would like some travel related advice for my child please.

My daughter was born in 2012 had a BRP issued for her too. Me and my spouse both obtained ILR last year and decided not to process an ILR for our daughter.

We are in the process of registering out daughter (form MN1) but unfortunately there's a need for my spouse and daughter to travel out of the UK.

My question is can my daughter travel out of the country given that the BRP that she had is no longer valid?

Many thanks for all your assistance.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Childs travel out of UK

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:45 am

internetstatic wrote:Hello,

I would like some travel related advice for my child please.

My daughter was born in 2012 had a BRP issued for her too. Me and my spouse both obtained ILR last year and decided not to process an ILR for our daughter.

We are in the process of registering out daughter (form MN1) but unfortunately there's a need for my spouse and daughter to travel out of the UK.

My question is can my daughter travel out of the country given that the BRP that she had is no longer valid?

Many thanks for all your assistance.
Travelling out should be ok although coming back will be a completely different story. I would strongly advise against it - Do not travel unless you have british passport in hand. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Does your other country allow dual citizenship? If they dont then as soon as your daughter is naturalised she will have limited time to give up the other passport. She will not be able to travel back if she leaves without british passport and then you will have to apply for her passport from abroad which is not going to be quick and easy.
If your country allows dual then she will probably be able to travel back using her current passport and naturalisation cert - but do expect odd questions from immigration, it wont be trouble free.
Also think what will happen if her MN1 is refused and she is outside of UK, she will be stuck outside and things will get complicated.