ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M family application Request for refund for the child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wasxif
Newly Registered

FLR-M family application Request for refund for the child

Post by Wasxif » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this:

I have received my ILR for Long Resident on 11th Feb and I was issued my ILR on 7th Feb by the case worker.
My last leave was expiring on 12th Feb therefore I made the application for my wife and daughter( born in UK) on 9th Feb.

The money was taken for the FLR-M on 11th when I received my ILR documents and BRP on the same day.

I have been told that I shouldn't have applied for the daughter as she qualifies straight for the MN1 application and therefore she doesn't require a FLR-M.

Now I want to withdraw my daughter's application. However, I want my wife application to proceed as normal.

What is the best practice that I can also get a refund for my daughter's application and get all of her documents.

Any speedy response in this matter will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Wasif

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR-M family application Request for refund for the chil

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:41 pm

you will forfeit your money if you withdraw.

Where was your daughter born?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wasxif
Newly Registered

Post by Wasxif » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Obie wrote:you will forfeit your money if you withdraw.

Where was your daughter born?
My daughter was born in UK and she is 3 years + now.

I have spoken to HomeOffice customer services today where they are reluctant to pass any information on the phone and take no responsibility what so ever and refer you online return of document process.
honestly, Bunch of time wasters on the other side of the phone.
No help was provided on the phone and they cannot even confirm if the money will be refunded or not. Where I have spoken to one of the solicitor and she said there have been cases when they have refunded the money in the past.

I came here to seek help from the experts because I have always used this site to gain information because it wasn't clear therefore I posted my issue.

I want the best way to deal with this issue before I go ahead with any silly way and pay the cost.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Wasif

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:11 pm

I agree that it is possible that your child could be registered, but I don't agree that you will be able to get a refund for withdrawn application.

In any event you can proceed with the Registration if you so wish.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wasxif
Newly Registered

Post by Wasxif » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Obie wrote:I agree that it is possible that your child could be registered, but I don't agree that you will be able to get a refund for withdrawn application.

Obie.. thanks for the help. However, I think there should be a way because it has happened in the past and even the operator at the home office did say that the refund can happen but it depends on the case worker.

£601 is not a small amount. They cannot just take the money for doing nothing.

I received my wife's and daughter's BPR enrollment letters today.

I am thinking not to get my daughter's Biometrics enrollment at the post office and delay it. Mean while I can send them a written letter FAO of the case worker to look into this matter.

Is that a good Idea?

Regards,

Wasif

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Wasxif wrote:
Obie wrote:I agree that it is possible that your child could be registered, but I don't agree that you will be able to get a refund for withdrawn application.

Obie.. thanks for the help. However, I think there should be a way because it has happened in the past and even the operator at the home office did say that the refund can happen but it depends on the case worker.

I received my wife's and daughter's BPR enrollment letters today.

I am thinking not to get my daughter's Biometrics enrollment at the post office and delay it. Mean while I can send them a written letter FAO of the case worker to look into this matter.

Is that a good Idea?

Regards,

Wasif

Agree with u but u should ask somebody before adding her in the flr m. They deduct the money because now they r processing her application now so they r doing something on it.

I think if u dont enroll her biometric than it can effect your wife flr m as well. U used 1 form for both of them.

If i am in your shoe i won't do anything and let them deal with it. Because mistake is from your part not HO.

601 is not a small amount but think this way if they invalid your wife application because one dependent didn't enroll bio than u

need to submit flr m again only for your wife which will be Out of time and if refuse than no right of appeal
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am

Trying to contact HO for such things is just banging head on the wall. just that.

There is sometimes eligibility check prior to decision whether you are eligible, but here its foreign passport and its not mandatory to register under MN1, so HO will go ahead and issue ILR to minor on her/his passport, by paperwork your choice to apply for ILR instead of MN1.

Cut short, £601 not a small amount, but a expensive lesson learnt!