ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender India passport time frame

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

negiyk
Newly Registered

Surrender India passport time frame

Post by negiyk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi All,

I want to surrender my India passport now, I had naturalisation in 16-Sept-2012 and got British passport 13-May-2013.
Just want to confirm before I go for this, because of some personal reason couldn't able to surrender passport earlier, would there be any penalty for late surrender?

I went through the forum and found that one can keep passport till 3 years from naturalisation and surrender W/O incur any penalties but can't find proper link for this information just want to carry print to avoid any hassle.

Thanks to all

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Surrender India passport time frame

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

negiyk
Newly Registered

Post by negiyk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks but I need on UK websites, link provided in not UK one its for Australia.

Thanks any help pls

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 am

This is a query for the Other Countries forum. Can the mods please move the thread?

To the OP:
Really, GIYF (Google is your friend). If you search for "Surrender of Indian Passport UK", you'd get a lot of information. The site you'd want is http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/Surrender.html.

Also, have a look at the bottom of https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=90

jsr2016
Newly Registered

Post by jsr2016 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 am

Hi
Id like to know if i need to surrender my Indian passport in uk, do i need to have a British passport n Oci?

Thankd

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Do not repeat your question in many threads across the forum. It only causes confusion.

Your query has been answered here.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:48 pm

jsr2016 wrote:Hi
Id like to know if i need to surrender my Indian passport in uk, do i need to have a British passport n Oci?

Thankd
1) Yes. Here is the wording from surrender application form

Documents Required for Application: 1.Photocopy of British/Foreign Passport 2. Photocopy of Indian Passport with all used pages 3.Original Indian Passport 4.Copy of British/Foreign naturalisation certificate 5.Copy of the supporting documents should be self-attested
Note: If the applicant has had more than one foreign passport since naturalization, he/she is required to submit the original first foreign passport obtained after naturalization & self-attested photocopies of all the pages of that foreign passport.

2) You surrender Indian passport first where in you are given Surrender certificate within a week. You can then obtain OCI (seperate process) by submitting Original Naturalisation cert and Original Surrender certificate (which are returned after 2 weeks)