ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smackit_in

Life in UK test

Post by smackit_in » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:19 am

Hello everyone

1: i have a query on life in uk test , i will be eligible for ILR by end of may and just like few others have left it at last minute

although i have about 3-4 months left i get dates around end of march

i was just wondering can i book (2/3 test)2-3 diff dates ie say end of march mid april end of april just in case i dont clear in first attempt ?

2: Dependent
my partner got her tier 1 dependent visa abt 4 yrs ago and she was on my application on last 3yr extension. as she was still using her maiden name due to it being on her passport her BRP was issued in her maiden name on both last visa

however her passport expired in nov and by our error we got her married name updated on new passport with my name under spouse as well. now i have been told that we need to update BRP before 90 days since thats been issued.

the only issue i have is she needs to book her life in uk test as well and the only other proof we have is driving licence which is still in maiden name

if she appears life in uk test on her maiden name will it be acceptable ?

Regards

smackit_in

Re: Life in UK test

Post by smackit_in » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 pm

any 1

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:22 pm

i was just wondering can i book (2/3 test)2-3 diff dates ie say end of march mid april end of april just in case i dont clear in first attempt ?
Yes. It is pretty wise to do so. It could be difficult to get a test slot in short notice. So, there is nothing harm in blocking more than one appointment in a space of 7 days (remember, you need to cancel the test before 7 days to get a full refund). I did that, and it was easy.

if she appears life in uk test on her maiden name will it be acceptable ?
She got a new passport with a the married name and presumably will be changing her biometric too. In that case, I would advice you to take the test as per the new name in the current passport. You can use your passport for LIUK test as identity document.

s1344678

Post by s1344678 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:30 pm

1) Yes you can do this. I'm not sure how many days you will need to wait (I think it's 7 days after failing), but usually the que is 2 months in advance. It would be a wise move to book a few and cancel if you pass first time.

Try doing tests like https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-1/ to prepare yourself and pass. You should also submit the questions from your test so they use them. Not an official website though.

2) This is a complicated situation and I will not be able to advise you. Your best option would be to call the life in the UK test booking centre and ask them directly. Some people have their name/lastname wrong way round, but this is a different issue. If you book and then pass your test with the maiden name, the certificate will be in the same name.

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 pm

thx

however i wast to know if its allowed to book more then 1 test . i called test centre they dint knew

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

yes. it is allowed. i did that.
and later cancelled it and got full refund.

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:13 pm

thx

but is it officially allowed and do you need to book with different ids

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Yes. It is allowed.
And you can use the same LIUK ID/account to book more than one test.
No issues what soever.

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 pm

thx

just concerned as some people say no you shoudnt register more then once

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Well. i did it. no issues noted.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

hello guys,

what happens, if you fail the KOLL test and you dont hv time to re-take before the expiry of your current TIer 1 visa ?

because, I may be in this case, as I hv left is TOOO late (my visa expries 27 March) and although I got a slot for 25th March
worried what if , If I fail ?

can extend Tier 1 (G) - do they give Tier 1 (G) for more than 5 yrs ?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Keep looking at the LIUK booking site.
There could be cancellations and you can snatch a slot inbetween.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:17 pm

any idea when the dataabse is updated with cancelled slots ? midnight ?

also what happens if I hv not passed KOLL but visa expiring ? Tier 1 extension possible beyond 5 yrs ?

tks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:16 am

I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:32 pm

thanks.. nice to hv these options open .

any idea about the test slots cancellation periods ? would like to get the test done
asap to avoid any late dramas

thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 pm

For any multiple tests you book, you need to cancel at least 7 days for a full refund.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:09 pm

thx

the other thread you have mentioned in link its possible doesnt state the person booked multiple test etc ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:47 pm

There are no restriction on the number of tests you can sit. If you try to book the test, you will find that booking multiple tests is not a problem and the system allows this.

The only restriction is that you cannot book a test within the first 7 days.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I hv been trying to book a test early asap. no luck yet.
been looking at the website every hour almost.

any idea when the best time to look for it ? and how do I expand the choice . coz currently only five are listed ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:27 pm

n8net wrote:I hv been trying to book a test early asap. no luck yet.
been looking at the website every hour almost.

any idea when the best time to look for it ? and how do I expand the choice . coz currently only five are listed ?
Some people are got around this by registering themselves at another address (maybe at a parents address, relative's address etc..) and then looked for dates for the nearest 5 test centres around that address. Can't assist further than this.