ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Early extension-Spouse query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Early extension-Spouse query

Post by win » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 am

Hi there,

I am planning to go for an early extension as Tier1 general extensions are closed after April 2015 as my previous extension through PEO visa was issued from the date of the application rather than the expiry of my visa which resulted in the shortage of 48 days. Since ILR can be applied 28 days before , there is a still shortage of atleast (48-28 days)19 days to qualify for ILR.

my dates:

Tier1 general-18 feb 2011-18 feb 2013
Extension PEO-02 Jan 2011-02 Jan 2016.

Can any of the senior members please advise

1) whether I have to go for another extension?

2) should my wife also apply for early extension along with me even though we have valid visa until Januray 2016. or can she applied at a later date as she wont qualify for ILR anyway as she is in UK for the last two years only as the new rules are now 5 years to become eligible for ILR dependents?

3) do visas normally issued from the date of the interview if been through PEO or from the expiry of earlier visa?

Any help appreciated.
Regards,
win