ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Many PCNs will affect ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kgmvp21
Newly Registered

Many PCNs will affect ILR

Post by kgmvp21 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:28 am

Hello Everyone!

Please anyone can help me,

I'm due to apply for ILR in April under Tier 1 general, I'm currently employed and got each document ready for application. However, there is a big issue makes me really headache. It's about my Penalty Charge Notices. I'm driving all the times, so I had around 20 parking tickets for past five years. I paid all of them on time, only 1-2 tickets went to bailiffs company and Northampton County Court, But they all clear and closed now. I'm not worry about the county court letter due to beyond 24 months from the date of application. The 20 parking tickets is big issue for me, Please anyone can give me some advises or someone got same situtation like me and got approved of ILR? Please see below which copy from the UKVI:

A way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court is to issue a:

 fixed penalty notice (FPN)

 penalty charge notice (PCN), or

 penalty notice for disorder (PND).

Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt. You must disregard them for the purposes of checking if they amount to a conviction for an offence. However you must be aware of the exceptions, as follows.

 There are criminal proceedings for failure to pay and the individual receives a more serious penalty as a result. The new penalty imposed must be the starting point for considering if the applicant is refused within a different refusal category. Or

 The person has multiple penalty notices, or one or more penalty notices alongside other non-custodial sentences, particularly over a short period of time. You must consider if, additionally or alternatively, the character, conduct and associations provisions apply.

Many thanks in advance

Ching

kgmvp21
Newly Registered

Re: Many PCNs will affect ILR

Post by kgmvp21 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Please if anyone can kindly give me some advises

Thanks

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:04 pm

You do not need to declare parking fines on ILR application form unless given by court.

kgmvp21
Newly Registered

Post by kgmvp21 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Please Moderator HELP!!

As above stated, My solicitor strongly suggested me to mention those parking tickets using word of " a number of parking tickets " on the covering letter,Please anyone has same situation like me> Should I mention used have " a number of parking tickets" on the covering letter even?

Thanks in advance!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Unless the application form specifically requires you to declare PCNs (they don't) then I would avoid supplying the UKVI with adverse information. Convictions must be declared regardless of when they were given.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:50 pm

There are official registers / ways to check which court decisions are againt you, that need to be declared.
Pls check before completing your form as Amber moderator says, So be sure. Send me pm if you need more info.

kgmvp21
Newly Registered

Post by kgmvp21 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Many thanks for your reply, So, I won't declare those parking tickets on the application form, But should i even mention "a number of " parking tickets on my covering letter ? thanks!!

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 am

kgmvp21 wrote:Many thanks for your reply, So, I won't declare those parking tickets on the application form, But should i even mention "a number of " parking tickets on my covering letter ? thanks!!
A parking fine is what it is- a parking fine issued by for e.g. your local council. This has got no effect on your ILR application.

So do not mention 'parking tickets' on your application.