ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR: When Can I apply?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lb2205
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR: When Can I apply?

Post by lb2205 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

My current Biometric card expires in March 2018. However, my 5 years will be two months later in May 2018. What do I do with those 2 months? Will I have to extend my Tier 2 VISA for the 2 months then apply for ILR? Or, would I be able to apply for ILR 2 months early?

cfdman

Re: Tier 2 to ILR: When Can I apply?

Post by cfdman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Sadly you may need to go for an extension.
I would suggest, go for postal application and if you are lucky (or unlucky??!?) , and your decision got delayed by 2 months, then vary the application as explained here (see section "Varying an application") by paying the additional fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

You cannot apply for ILR more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period.

When was your first Tier 2 visa issued (inside or out of UK)? If it was issued out of UK, you could count the days between the "Validity start date" and "Date of entry in to the UK", as long as this is no more than 90 days.