ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to avoid RLMT or get exceptions to the RLMT ??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajistarr
Newly Registered

How to avoid RLMT or get exceptions to the RLMT ??

Post by sajistarr » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Seniors,

I've found the updated shortage occupation list : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pril14.pdf

I'm in web and we application development field.
The above PDF indicates that there is exception to RLMT if we apply for SOC 2136.

But is says this exception is ONLY for the jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors.
But I can apply for software developer as my job in web development field. NOT in the film, television or video games sectors.
Will my sponsor get exception for RLMT in this case?

as per the PDF guide - Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers - Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes
the following job titles also can be applied under the code SOC 2136 :

I can work as database developer too. So I can ask my sponsor to apply the SoC for database developer.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: How to avoid RLMT or get exceptions to the RLMT ??

Post by physicskate » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:59 pm

sajistarr wrote:Hi Seniors,

I've found the updated shortage occupation list : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pril14.pdf

The above PDF indicates that there is exception to RLMT if we apply for SOC 2136.

But is says this exception is ONLY for the jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors.
But I can apply for software developer as my job in web development field. NOT in the film, television or video games sectors.

as per the PDF guide - Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers - Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes

I can work as database developer too. So I can ask my sponsor to apply the SoC for database developer.
It is as it says on the tin: only exempt if within the 2D/3D world! All other related professions within IT are subject to RLMT.

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:15 pm

sajistarr wrote:Hi Seniors,

I believe it is database developer within the shortage occupation field. Actual DB developer job would have to have RLMT completed.

sajistarr
Newly Registered

Post by sajistarr » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:24 am

physicskate wrote:
It is as it says on the tin: only exempt if within the 2D/3D world! All other related professions within IT are subject to RLMT.
cstylishsam wrote:I believe it is database developer within the shortage occupation field. Actual DB developer job would have to have RLMT completed.
Thanks for the info guys.

When the sponsor goes for the RLMT there is no chance for NOT getting local applicants. Am I right?

How do normally the sponsors recruit specific one from the out side of the UK when the RLMT is required?
They can not just avoid or disqualifying those local applicants...

I went through this PDF too : http://www.londonelegance.com/transpond ... erview.pdf
where I noted that "A Tier 2 migrant cannot be sponsored unless no suitable resident workers apply over the full four weeks."

AND

Employers cannot recruit a migrant worker purely because they are the best
candidate. Where the RLMT applies, they can only sponsor a migrant worker
under Tier 2 if no suitable resident workers apply. They cannot reject a
resident worker only because they lack qualifications, experience or skills
(including language skills) that were not specifically requested in the job
advertisement.

:?

Advise please....

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:15 pm

sajistarr wrote:
physicskate wrote:
cstylishsam wrote:I believe it is database developer within the shortage occupation field. Actual DB developer job would have to have RLMT completed.
Thanks for the info guys.

When the sponsor goes for the RLMT there is no chance for NOT getting local applicants. Am I right?

How do normally the sponsors recruit specific one from the out side of the UK when the RLMT is required?
They can not just avoid or disqualifying those local applicants...

I went through this PDF too : http://www.londonelegance.com/transpond ... erview.pdf
where I noted that "A Tier 2 migrant cannot be sponsored unless no suitable resident workers apply over the full four weeks."

AND

Employers cannot recruit a migrant worker purely because they are the best
candidate. Where the RLMT applies, they can only sponsor a migrant worker
under Tier 2 if no suitable resident workers apply. They cannot reject a
resident worker only because they lack qualifications, experience or skills
(including language skills) that were not specifically requested in the job
advertisement.

:?

Advise please....
That is the whole point of a Tier 2 visa, to get someone from abroad when they do not find people with similar skills in the UK.
Why should a company pay more and go through the headache of sponsoring a migrant worker if they can find someone locally?

If they find someone with your same level or better skills from the UK then you will not be eligible for being sponsored for a Tier 2 visa and they will hire the local worker instead.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 pm

If you are on PSW you don't need that but I am guessing you are not on PSW Visa at the moment.

sajistarr
Newly Registered

Post by sajistarr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:41 am

navodwickra wrote:If you are on PSW you don't need that but I am guessing you are not on PSW Visa at the moment.
I am not even in UK at the moment..
Actually I am trying to go to UK to work under TIER 2 visa...

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 am

sajistarr wrote:
navodwickra wrote:If you are on PSW you don't need that but I am guessing you are not on PSW Visa at the moment.
I am not even in UK at the moment..
Actually I am trying to go to UK to work under TIER 2 visa...
Unless you are highly skilled and do a job on the skilled list or your employer is willing to pay more than £150,000 as Salary you need to be eligible to hire under an RMLT no way around it unless you come to UK to study.