ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I resign after being granted ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ihateclouds
Newly Registered

When can I resign after being granted ILR?

Post by Ihateclouds » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for ILR same-day this week and wondering when it's ok to give notice at my current job (the company that is sponsoring me on ICT-Tier 2)?

I've been told once I leave the PEO with a certification letter, my ILR will be official and I can in theory resign on the spot.

I just want to make sure there will be no ramifications of giving notice the same day I receive ILR.

Thanks all.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: When can I resign after being granted ILR?

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 am

Once you have letter of grant of ILR then ,yes, you are not bound by the employer for your leave to stay here in UK.
I would just wait for a few more days until the BRP arrives and then inform the employer.

cfdman

Re: When can I resign after being granted ILR?

Post by cfdman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Technically, the very next second after you got your decision letter. :D.
But, yaa, it is wise to wait until you receive your biometric (it wont take more than 3 or 4 working days after you got your decision letter in hand).