ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Evidence for absences

Post by ashu.doc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi Everyone

Do I need to give any evidence for my absences in last 5 years from employer? I was working for a different employer until last year so it will be bit tough to get all the paper work and every year for last 5 year I have been away for almost 20-25 days on my annual leaves. If I need any evidence for absence what it should look like?

Thanks
Ash

zaheeruk

Re: Evidence for absences

Post by zaheeruk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 am

If the absences are less than 180 days in a calendar year, it does not matter. You can always send an email to your old employer asking for evidence of absence(as a part of annual leave). If they provide good, else you can take a print of that email and show the case worker proof that you have contacted them. But as I said 25 days in the last 5 years should not matter.

Lolam
Newly Registered

Re: Evidence for absences

Post by Lolam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:43 pm

you definitely require Evidence of Absences, Even if you had been out of UK for less than 180 days over 5 years period.

If its for holidays
It should be a letter from from your employer stating that you had been out of UK as part of annual holiday entitlement.
Please dont apply without the letter, I know someone who had to go through lot of hassle for exactly the same reason.