ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on Tier 2 - PBS Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nisarg1010
Newly Registered

ILR based on Tier 2 - PBS Dependent

Post by Nisarg1010 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 am

HI
Initially, I was a Tier 2 (ICT) Migrant & after completing the 5 Years in UK - I had my ILR in May 2013 (Applied for UK Naturalisation in DEC 2014)
Query is for my wife actually :
My wife is PBS dependent from 7th July 2012 & she had extension based on PBS dependent when I had my ILR in May 2013.

She is now eligible for ILR based on 2 years rule (Rules changed on 9th July for 5 years)

I am bit confuse on in couple of points :-
1) is she need a SET (O) or SET (M) ?
2) Does LRN English test [LRN Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)] - fulfill her ILR requirement for English language as she will need the same test certificate for Naturalisation application later?

Pls help and advise the suitable response to the queries above...

Thanks in advance.
Nis

cfdman

Re: ILR based on Tier 2 - PBS Dependent

Post by cfdman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 pm

1) is she need a SET (O) or SET (M) ?
It,s Set(O). She needs to fill that as the main applicant.
The sections regarding COS, salary bla bla are irrelevant to her. Leave them blank.

2) Does LRN English test [LRN Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)] - fulfill her ILR requirement for English language as she will need the same test certificate for Naturalisation application later?
Yes. See the following thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 69872.html
She can use the same certificate for Naturalisation as well.

Nisarg1010
Newly Registered

Re: ILR based on Tier 2 - PBS Dependent

Post by Nisarg1010 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks for the confirmation and quick response.